[119] - Movie Night

Human au, they're like,,,,in college idk, late teens/early twenties??

Warnings: none

--

If Logan had ever himself doubted the fact that he had feelings, well then this was the final proof that he did indeed have them, even though he might not know exactly what it was he was feeling.

How he had gotten into this situation he wasn't sure, but his long time friend had grasped his hand in his. And Logan had no idea how to react. This wasn't what he had expected happening when he and Virgil had sat down to watch movies together. Logan had to admit he didn't mind it, it had just been unexpected.

It was not usual for them to hold hands, despite being very good friends, that was not something they ever really did. They weren't scared of showing affection, they didn't mind sharing a bed, they'd cuddled when one of them were particularly stressed or anxious, they sat closed and leaned against the other quite often. But this was new.

Holding hands was new. The warm feeling of someone elses fingers entwined with his, the worry that his hand might be sweaty and gross, the fact that Virgil's touch was distracting him enough for him to barely know what was going on in the movie, these things were all new.

And these feeling were, too. Or maybe the feeling was oddly familiar, but the realization what these feelings existed in him and the looming realization of what they meant was new.

Virgil's head heavily resting on Logan's shoulder and his slow breathing told Logan that he had fallen asleep and left Logan to deal with these confusing thoughts on his own.

Logan fixed his eyes on the tv screen, blinking several times to try and focus on what was actually going on. They were having a Ghibli movie marathon and at the moment they were watching Spirited Away, which was actually Logan's favorite Ghibli movie but now they were near the end of it and Logan hadn't been able to focus on much of it at all.

Logan shifted slightly, turning to be able to see Virgil more easily. Logan carefully placed a hand on Virgil's jaw, tilting his head up the slightest bit. He was definitely not going to kiss him, kissing someone who's asleep felt like something that would definitely be counted as violating. Logan just wanted to look at him, he felt that possibly it could help him make sense of his feelings.

It didn't.

Logan could tell Virgil was pretty, but that was certainly not something he had just discovered. Logan found himself glancing down at Virgil's lips. Would he mind kissing him if the opportunity ever arose? No, no he would not. If Virgil would ever want to kiss Logan, well, he wouldn't be one to object. He forced himself to stop staring at Virgil's lips since he was definitely being at least a little (or perhaps a lot) creepy.

The first thing he noticed was that Virgil's eyes was no longer closed, his dark gaze met Logan's and he felt his face heat up.

"Hey Lo, what're you looking at?" He mumbled, giving him a sleepy smile. Logan let his hand drop, inching back a bit to create at least a slightly bigger distance between them.

"Ah, Virgil. Apologies, I... sorry." He'd wanted to give Virgil an explanation for the staring, but he didn't exactly have one that made the situation sound better.

"You- you fell asleep on me and I was unsure how to react." He then said, at least that wasn't a lie, even if it might not be the whole truth. It seemed to make Virgil realize he was still leaning against Logan because he sat back up again quite quickly.

"Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to fall asleep." Virgil said and almost sounded slightly sheepish. Logan thought maybe they should both disregard any awkward thing either of them might've done. He tried not to think about the fact that they were still holding hands.

"Do you want to watch the next movie on our list or would you rather call it a night and get some sleep?" He asked. Virgil didn't seem fully awake, still. Though Virgil shook his head, leaning towards the table and grabbing an energy drink with his free hand.

"Let's watch the next movie." He said and took a sip, smiling at Logan. Logan was unable not to smile back. He stood up, ready to change the dvd to the next movie on their list, first now realizing that he needed to let go of Virgil's hand if he were to walk all the way to the dvd player. The both of them looked at their entwined hands, then at the other before slightly awkwardly averting their eyes. Virgil's hand let go of his and Logan quickly changed to the other movie and returned to his spot next to Virgil on the couch.

He reached for the remote, choosing the language and the subtitles, pressing play. Suddenly he was much more nervous than he'd previously been this evening. He definitely had no idea what to expect, and it didn't help that it felt slightly awkward to sit there next to Virgil now.

Logan nervously pushed his glasses up, sending a glance toward Virgil who was watching the screen attentively, his lips curled into a smile as Castle In The Sky began playing. Logan knew Virgil loved this movie, he always said it was tied in first place with When Marnie Was There.

Logan made a quick decision in his mind, shuffling closer to Virgil and grabbing his hand before he had the time to really think or decide against it. Virgil didn't turn to look at him but Logan saw how he smiled more brightly which gave him a quite proud feeling.

Throughout half of the movie he actually managed to keep his attention on what was going on, and the two of them sat there close together, stuffing their mouths full of popcorn and making jokes as they normally did now that Virgil were more awake, only exception being that they were still holding hands and that Logan was quite unsure if this was just them hanging out as friends or if it was something else.

He tried to not think of that though, keeping his mind far away from thoughts of what turn their relationship might be taking. He's not sure what makes him dare to ask, perhaps the frustration of not knowing.

"Is this a ...a date?" Logan asked, stubbornly looking at the screen instead of at Virgil. He can see Virgil turn to look at him in the corner of his eye, feels himself being stared at.

"N- no? I mean... not really? Though I wouldn't mind taking you out on a date if you'd want that." Virgil said, sounding like he was suddenly even more nervous than Logan felt. Logan looked down at their entwined fingers, then up at Virgil who was slightly flustered and still observing Logan.

"Yeah. Yes, I'd like that." Logan admitted, smiling down at his lap which hopefully at least slightly hid how much he was grinning. He heard Virgil chuckle, felt him lean his head on his shoulder again. Virgil tilted his head up, making his lips accidentally brush Logan's jaw.

Logan was very unprepared of that and he bit his lip to try and hide how his breath hitched at the feeling. Virgil laughed again in his low, sleepy voice that had always been able to make Logan feel a bit weird, though it was first now he realized why.

"You are blushing so much, it's adorable." Virgil said, which didn't help at all.

"Shut up." Logan mumbled, shoving Virgil weakly.

"I wonder if you'll be this flustered on our date." Virgil said teasingly in a way that surely meant he knew exactly how easily it'd be for him to make Logan blush and stutter. They'd been friends for a long time after all, Virgil knew him better than anyone.

"...Shut up."

--

Written: 2nd June 2019
Published: 3rd July 2019
Words: 1383

These two have got all my uwu's

I'm going to my grandpa's vacation house on friday!! Can't wait :D

Also I cut my hair and I'm happy