[162] - Heterochromia (Part Two)

Warnings: I don't think theres any

Misspelled virgils name a new way, vieguk

Me: I'll die if someone doesn't cuddle me soon
Also me: I'd rather die than ask for affection

--

There was a knock on Virgil's door and he pulled his headphones off as he heard Patton's voice asking for permission to enter. After placing his laptop on top of the paper he'd been drawing on Virgil shouted that he could and soon his door opened up to reveal Patton standing there with a bowl of pasta in his hands.

"Since you didn't come down for dinner I figured I might as well bring you some food to make sure you eat anything at all." He said and stepped inside with a smile that Virgil returned. He hadn't even realized he was hungry until now.

Patton placed the bowl next to Virgil's laptop on his desk and Virgil pulled it closer, a hand already wrapping around the fork, ready to shovel food into his mouth. 

He glanced at Patton who was standing right by him still, fingertips running along a line of blue marker on his desk that Virgil hadn't bothered trying to wipe away. There were many marks of paint or pen on his desk from when he was drawing or the times he was bored and just scribbled outside of the paper.

"Hey, Virgil..." Patton began and it became clear that the hunch he'd had that Patton had wanted to say something had been right, "Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm good. Why'd you ask?" Virgil said, taking a bite of the food and then lowering his fork. He could guess why Patton was wondering, but it was nothing he was particularly interested in discussing.

"It's just... you've been very distant lately, sitting cooped up in your room and barely coming downstairs long enough to join us for meals. I'm worried you don't feel welcome, because you are, we want you around and we love you." Patton said, eyes fixed on Virgil now and Virgil turned his chair around to face him.

"It's alright Patton, I know. And I lo- like you guys too. I don't mean to make any of you worried I just... it's a bit complicated." He said, grimacing. He didn't know what else to say and they were both quiet for a while, Virgil eating some more to feel less awkward.

"I've also noticed Logan is quieter than usual..." Patton said, looking at him and Virgil averted his eyes, swallowing a mouthful of food.

"Has anything happened between you two? Because that would explain both you two's behaviour lately. If you guys have had a falling out or anything then just know I'll help if I can." Patton said and Virgil drummed on the colorful surface of the desk with his fingertips, trying to think of what to say.

He and Logan hadn't exactly had a fall out, they weren't particularly upset with each other (or at least Virgil wasn't upset with Logan, but if Logan was upset with him, well, that wouldn't be too big of a surprise), they were just... awkward. Virgil didn't know what to say around him, and Logan hadn't approached him to start a conversation since the kiss either, neither of them seemed to know what to do now.

"No, we haven't fought or anything, it's just- I just... I..." Virgil said, sighing deeply and refusing to look at Patton.

"I kissed him." He mumbled, then glancing Patton's way quickly. Whatever Patton had expected him to say that clearly wasn't it because he gaped at him, but quickly closing his mouth again.

"Oh." Was all he said and Virgil nodded, not minding that Patton didn't yet know what else to say.

"Yeah." 

Virgil continued eating during the silence that followed, thinking that he might as well finish the wonderful meal Patton had brought him. He really loved Patton's cooking.