[123] - Not The Right Time For Anything Else Than Sleep

Short one!

--

Virgil woke up to the sound of someone stumbling through the room. It took him a second to actually distinguish the sounds of his surroundings from whatever strange things he had been dreaming (the memories of his dreams were already fading from Virgil's mind).

The second thing Virgil noticed was that when he reached a hand out to grab a hold of his boyfriend he only found an empty space where Logan's body should be. The mattress was still warm, Virgil put two and two together and realized Logan must've left bed already.

"Logan?" Virgil mumbled, much more quietly than he'd meant to but it seemed he had not gained full control of his mouth yet, he was practically half asleep, still. Logan must've heard him anyway for the steps quieted and a moment later Virgil turned on the night light to find Logan in the middle of putting his socks on, not even having his glasses on yet.

Virgil groaned and sank back into the soft, very comfortable mattress. It took him several moments before he gathered the energy to roll over and fumble for his phone. He found it and unlocked it with his fingerprint, letting out a pained whine as he was blinded by his screen brightness. He squinted at his screen, lowering the brightness as soon as his sleepy brain remembered how to, and checked the clock.

4:02am. Why the fuck was Logan up and running at this time? He let out a second exhausted grunt as he rolled back over towards where Logan had resumed his attempts of getting his socks on.

"Lo, come to bed. It's four in the morning, what are you doing?" He said with his low, sleepy voice. Logan paused what he was doing again and stared at Virgil for a good twenty seconds before his brain seemed to have caught up with what Virgil was saying.

He seemed quite confused and Virgil impatiently patted the space next to him. He wanted his boyfriend to come back to bed so he could cuddle up to him and press himself against Logan's warm body, fall back asleep to the calming sounds of Logan's slow breaths and his rhythmic heartbeat.

"But... I thought- four in the morning? I..." Logan fell silent and stared at Virgil for another few moments before sighing tiredly and practically falling back into bed. Virgil happily shuffled closer and put an arm around Logan's waist to more easily pull him in.

"It's not nine in the morning?" Logan said, the words coming out very muffled since he had his face buried into his pillow. Virgil kissed his hair and let his hand run up and down Logan's warm back.

"No? What the hell were you dreaming about?" He said, making Logan try and reply but only letting out another mumble that Virgil couldn't even guess what it was supposed to mean, if Logan had even actually been speaking words.

"It is definitely not time to get up yet. And it's weekend. It's Sunday. No leaving bed before ten." Virgil half whispered, not entirely having the energy to adjust his voice to a better volume, not that it mattered since they were lying close together and there weren't any other sounds to be heard.

Logan didn't complain about Virgil's claim that he wasn't allowed to leave bed until ten, instead he only tried to kick his socks off, which was apparently very difficult and took him a minute. Then he shifted and Virgil opened his tired eyes to find himself and Logan face to face.

He inched a tiny bit closer and pressed a sleepy, sloppy kiss to Logan's lips that his boyfriend gladly returned even in his half asleep state. Then Virgil pulled back, smiling at nothing as Logan cuddled closer and nuzzled his face into the crook of Virgil's neck. He felt Logan's lips brush a kiss to his throat, then his warm breath against his skin as Logan had relaxed fully, slowly drifting off to sleep with Virgil's arm around him.

Virgil concluded that he was much more comfortable and content that he usually was, he never wanted to have to move from where they were lying and he wouldn't mind staying awake much longer simply to enjoy this rare comfort. Though of course Virgil lost the battle against his exhaustion and mere moments later he was just as soundly asleep as Logan was.

--

Written: 9th June 2019
Published: 20th July 2019
Words: 801

Once I woke up at 4am, thought it was 4pm and was shocked why my parents hadn't woken me up and I only realized it was 4am after getting fully dressed

How do you rank the ships? My ranking is

Analogical
Moxiety + LAMP (can't choose 2nd place)
Logince
Royality
Prinxiety
Logicality