[135] - Rainy Day

Warnings: hints once at sexual part of relationship, brief nudity in a non sexual way, slight awkwardness about said nudity

Enjoy, this fic has mostly been written between 12am-3am

134 fics and I haven't written a rainy day fic until now, smh

--

When hearing from Patton yesterday that it was going to be raining all day Virgil had been delighted. He'd been even more so earlier today when waking up and realizing it was really pouring down outside.   

Virgil had only been outside for a few minutes before his hair had been drenched in rain and the droplets were doing their best to soak through his clothes too. Virgil hadn't minded it one bit then and he still didn't mind it now even if he couldn't say he was dry anywhere anymore.

And yes, he's shivering and freezing but he enjoys the cold drops on his face, even if his hair was since long plastered to his forehead and his clothes are heavy with the rain. He's drenched to the skin and yet perfectly content right where he is, at least for now. Admittedly he couldn't stay out here forever, he was going to become too cold after a while, but he didn't have to think about that just yet.

Instead Virgil pushed that thought away and smiled at the sky. He loved spending the rainy days outside like this.

--

Logan had just made himself a hot cup of tea and he was ready to curl up on the couch with his favorite book (that he'd read countless times before). He seemed to be the only one outside of his room today, and it was nice having some peace and quiet in the living room.

But Logan made the mistake of looking out the window, only wanting to watch the rain for a moment, but he stopped in the middle of the room and stared a bit, because was that not Virgil out there in the rain? 

Logan quickly realized that it was indeed Virgil out there on the lawn, standing with his face turned up towards the sky. What was he doing? Logan set his book and cup down on the coffee table, then turning back towards the window to try and see what Virgil was up to.

As far as Logan could tell he was simply standing there, and Logan was at the moment dumbfounded by his boyfriends behaviour. What was the point of standing in the rain? Logan ended up observing him for several minutes, not wanting to simply leave him there but also feeling quite against the idea of going outside himself.

His warm drink and his book were far more tempting than the, surely, cold rain. But eventually Logan had to realize that Virgil didn't seem to be going anywhere any time soon and Logan supposed that if anyone could coax Virgil back inside it was him.

He sent the fluffy blanket on the couch and his tea and his book a last longing glance before sinking out into the garden that Roman and Patton insisted they'd have. As long as they took care of the plants and flowers Logan was fine with it. Plus, he liked the fact that Roman had used the imagination to make an 'outside' in the mind scape.

It made it much easier for them all to have access to the imagination. Much easier for Logan to go outside and stargaze.

Every step he took on the lawn was as if walking in a puddle, as if the ground could not absorb all the rain. Logan crossed his arms around his chest as he made his way to Virgil, very much regretting his choice of not taking the time to put shoes and a jacket on.

"Virgil, what are you doing out here?" Logan asked as soon as he was close enough to talk normally and be heard over the sound of the rain.

"Relaxing." Virgil responded, as if this was how anyone relaxed. And maybe it was true that this was one of his ways of relaxing since he hadn't even jumped at the sound of Logan's voice, or been startled by his presence.