[31] - What Is So Special About Hand Holding

I just wanna write something short lol

Summary: Logan just wants to do an experiment (I've had this idea for months lmao)

--

"Virgil, can you assist me with an experiment? Only if you're okay with it, of course." Virgil looks up from his phone, pausing the youtube video he was watching so that he could focus on what Logan wanted to say. Virgil had helped Logan with many experiments by now and they were actually quite fun, so Virgil was quick to agree.

"Sure, what is it?" He asked. Virgil could see that Logan hesitated for a moment before continuing. He almost looked nervous.

"Well I was hoping to learn more about affection. Specifically hand holding. I heard Roman talk about it and he made it seem like it was something special. I fail to understand why it would be so significant." He said, sounding completely serious and Virgil had to take a few seconds to process what he had said and to make sure that he wasn't joking.

"So you want to... hold hands? Is that what you're saying?" He wasn't sure if he had heard him right. This wasn't usually what his experiments were about.

"Yes, do you want to participate? You don't have to, I can ask Patton or Roman."

"No, I'll- I'll help. Why not." Virgil replied, maybe a little too fast. Hopefully he doesn't sound too eager. He would certainly not mind holding hands with Logan, that he can reluctantly admit to himself. And he didn't like the thought of Logan holding hands with one of the other sides.

Stupidly enough Virgil had gone and gotten a crush on the logical trait, a really dumb decision from his side. One of the dumbest things he's ever done. It doesn't matter that it wasn't supposed to happen, it still happened. He doesn't necessarily mind it though, especially not at moments like these, Logan had smiled at him when he had agreed to do this silly experiment with him. Honestly, just that made it all worth it.

"Splendid!" Logan immediately sat down on the couch, close to Virgil, and held his hand out towards him.

"Oh, you mean we should start now?" Virgil said, suddenly nervous. What if his hand was sweaty? What if he managed to hold his hand in the wrong way?

"If that would not be any trouble, then yes. You can just keep watching whatever you've got on your phone. Don't mind me." He took Virgil's hand an Virgil internally laughed at that. How was he supposed to ignore that the person he had developed feelings for was holding his hand? If he was lucky then he wouldn't start to blush. He pressed play on his youtube video again and kept watching, trying to not be so terribly aware of how close they were sitting. And he was definitely not extremely focused on the fact that they were holding hands.

Maybe this had been a bad idea. He certainly hadn't thought about it before agreeing, he just agreed. Maybe he should start to think things through. Like he usually did. This is what he hated. Either he didn't think things through or he thought too much about it and made himself (or Thomas) anxious.

Next to him Logan was reading one of his books. Now and then he picked his pencil up and scribbled something down in his notebook that was lying on the couch next to him. Virgil couldn't see what it was he wrote from where he was sitting. Virgil wondered for a second what it was that he wanted to find out from this, was it how it felt? Because he was fairly sure that the two of them did not experience this in the same way.