[139] - Change Of Plans

Human au

Warning: fever, sore throat, coughing, logan is sick, says fuck once, virgil internally calls his bladder a whiny bitch at one point

--

When Virgil rang the doorbell to his boyfriends apartment he'd expected him to open the door looking slightly dressed up, because after all they were supposed to have a date today. But when the door swung open Virgil was met with a slightly disheveled Logan with very messy hair, wearing his pajamas and standing there wrapped in a warm blanket. His eyes widened when seeing Virgil, and he almost dropped the blanket.

"Oh, Virgil. I'm so sorry," Logan said with, voice hoarse, and he sighed and squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, "I forgot to text you. I can't go out tonight, I've got a fever and a horrid sore throat."

"Oh. How come? You usually text me before if you have to cancel." Virgil said. It wasn't like Logan to forget things. Then again Logan did look like a mess, an exhausted mess.

"I got this really high fever yesterday and when I got home from work I fell into bed and went right to sleep. I think I slept maybe thirteen hours." Logan blinked tiredly at him, really not looking like he'd gotten enough sleep at all.

"It didn't make me feel any better. After that I've practically been slipping in and out of consciousness while watching Friends. It completely slipped my mind that we were supposed to have our date tonight. Forgive me." He said, looking a bit flustered, but that might as well be the fever.

"Logan, it's alright." Virgil said with a small, reassuring smile. "I'm not going to blame you, you had other things on your mind."

"Thank you, but still, I had looked forward to seeing you, and I'm disappointed that our date will have to wait. Plus I can't believe I forgot..." Logan said, a hand emerging from under the blanket and he tiredly rubbed his eyes.

"Well, I don't have to leave. Unless you don't want to deal with human company while sick, which is totally understandable." Virgil said, not really wanting to abandon him when he was sick.

"You may come inside if you'd like, but I doubt I'd be very good company." Logan said, almost smiling. Virgil certainly had nothing better to do, and if he could make Logan feel any better then it was definitely worth staying.

"Don't be silly, Lo, I don't want to leave you all alone when you're sick." He said, stepping inside, closing the door behind them.

"You're very sweet." Logan mumbled, watching as Virgil took his shoes off. "But don't get too close, I don't want to make you sick, too."

"Sure thing." Virgil said, pulling a slightly reluctant Logan in for a warm, tight hug. Logan mumbled something, probably scolding him, and Virgil grinned when he felt Logan burrow his face into the crook of his neck. He dreaded disentangling himself from Logan, but they couldn't be standing in the hallway for ages. Eventually he took a step back, maybe because he was a bit worried Logan would fall asleep standing.

"How are you feeling right now?" Virgil asked, resting his hand on Logan's forehead, feeling how warm he really was.

"At least the ibuprofen I took two hours ago is keeping my headache at bay, for now. But, I suppose things could be worse." Logan said.

"You're burning up, love." He said with a small sigh and they made it into the living room where logan hurried over to collect a few crumpled up tissues from the coffee table and threw them in the trash can he'd got standing beneath it.

"It's- it's kind of a mess in here. Sorry." He said, sitting down on the couch. Virgil looked around the room. One of Logan's pillows was on the couch, a bunch of unused paper towels, an open book, two empty glasses, and a bowl was on the table. Was this what Logan called a mess? If they moved in together there would definitely be differences in what they saw as clean and not.