[32] - Attention

Is it just me who sometimes doesn't hear someone speaking to me? Well... I can hear them say something and I'll hum in response but a minute later my brain will register that someone spoke to me and I'll be like "wait did you say something?" because I wasn't actually aware of the fact that they spoke to me even though I heard it and responded automatically. Just me?

Summary: Logan is like me and doesn't realize someone's talking to him

--

"Hey Logan, wanna do something?" Virgil said, walking up to Logan who was typing away on his computer. He had been sat there for hours and by the length of the text it looked like he was writing a damn essay. What he was writing about Virgil didn't know, Logan hadn't told him. What he did know was that he was bored.

"Hmm." That was the short reply Virgil got, he didn't even look away from the screen and it sounded very absentminded. Virgil walked up to him, standing behind him and looking over his shoulder at what he was doing.

"But I don't know what I want to do though." Virgil said, trying to think over the options. He was bored and wanted to do something but he had no idea what. Watching tv didn't seem entertaining. He couldn't decide on a book to read, even his favorites seemed dull. He had already been on tumblr for two hours.

Logan hummed again while quickly typing out more words on the keyboard, the text on the screen reflecting in his glasses.

"Are you even listening to me?" He asked, frowning at Logan. It sure didn't seem like he was and honestly, it kind of hurt.

"Hmm."

"Patton killed Roman." Virgil lied and observed Logan to see if he got a reaction out of him. He didn't. Was he purposely ignoring him? That did not seem like something that Logan would do, but of course his anxiety fueled thoughts completely disregarded any sense.

"That's lovely." Logan mumbled, clicking on the keyboard.

Great. That's just great, Virgil thought. Not even his boyfriend wanted to talk to him. Maybe he was just bothering Logan. He should leave him alone since he clearly wasn't interested in Virgil's company. He left Logan alone with his computer, Virgil could just as well keep reblogging semi-humorous Tumblr posts for a few more hours.

A minute later Logan suddenly snapped out of his deep concentration and looked up from his computer screen, turning around and looking out over his empty room. He thought his brain registered that someone said something. Apparently he was wrong because there was no one there who could've spoken.

And he wasn't really sure if he should trust his mind when it came to hearing people talk since he sometimes thought he heard someone say something to him when no one actually had spoken. Especially if there was music playing, then his mind could trick him to think that someone called his name, his phone was ringing or even that the doorbell rang. This was in the mindscape. There was no doorbell.

So he just shrugged, disregarding the thought and went back to working, he wanted to finish this before taking a break.

--

When Logan decided to take a break around lunchtime he realized that he hadn't seen Virgil all day, which was strange because he was usually around a lot. He was aware that Virgil worried a little about being clingy but to be completely honest Logan liked it. It made him feel wanted and he did not understand why anyone would be annoyed by someone liking being around them.