[74] - Mistletoe

(10th august 2018) Hey it's nowhere near christmas, but none of us have a concept of time anyway so christmas is pretty much tomorrow

Warnings: little bit of anxiety, they end up kissing more than I had planned (oops?), swearing as always

Just go with all this, ok? And yes let's pretend they don't have the christmas shirts

--

Christmas, a wonderful time, even Virgil thought so. There was loads of good food that Roman had cooked and delicious cookies that Patton had baked. They watched every disney movie that they could in any way relate to christmas. The gift exchanging always made him a bit anxious, but it was over all a nice experience that too. And after a long year it was finally christmas day again.

Virgil had woken up a bit earlier today, at nine in the morning, which was impressive for the anxious side. Virgil was rarely seen out of bed before 10:30am. Like every other year he had found his christmas stocking by the foot of his bed. Virgil actually wasn't sure if it was Patton who took care of fixing that for the others each year, but he was far too old to believe that it was Santa, so one of the others it had to be, and Patton was the most likely candidate.

Then the four sides had all eaten breakfast together, and after that Virgil had spent a while in his room, making sure that his gifts to the others were all done, wrapped up, and ready to be given to the others this evening. Virgil wanted everything to be done long before it was time to exchange the gifts, because then the only anxiety he would experience was him worrying if they liked the gifts.

After he was done with all of the preparation for the gifts he decided to join the others in the living room. He at least knew that Patton and Roman was there, they had said something about the tree not having enough decorations.

But something caught his eye when he stepped into the living room. A mistletoe was hung above him in the doorway, and he quickly stepped away from it, just in case. He looked around the room, spotting several other mistletoes, one above the couch, one in the doorway to the kitchen, over the table both in the kitchen and the living room.

Virgil chewed his bottom lip, sending murdering glances towards Patton who was grinning widely at him while helping Roman decorate the tree. Now he'd have to spend the evening avoiding the mistletoe Patton and Roman had hung all over the mindscape. He was sure of its purpose, because both Roman and Patton were well aware of his feelings for Logan, and sure, there was always mistletoe hung in the ceiling around Christmas, but never before had there been this much.

They had been telling him for months now to confess to Logan. Virgil thought that they were insane for even suggesting such a thing, there was no chance that he was doing so. He was not going to ruin christmas by bringing up his inconvenient feelings. And as if he wasn't already worried over spending a whole day with the others, where he had loads of time to feel anxious over the whole gift giving ordeal, now he also had to keep his guard up to not get caught beneath a mistletoe with Logan.

The logical trait himself was nowhere to be seen, so Virgil walked up to the two other sides, dodging every mistletoe on the way. He picked up two sparkly ornaments, one orange and one deep red, just to look like he was in fact helping with the decorating, though he just wanted to be able to talk to the other two.

"What is the point of all of that?" He asked, trying to sounds disgusted but he probably just sounded nervous, and Roman and Patton shared a knowing smile.

"If you're lucky you'll get Logan to stand beneath one! Then you can finally kiss him, like you've wanted to for ages." Patton said, hanging a purple ornament with storm clouds on it in the tree. Virgil hadn't got a clue where he got that from, maybe Patton had made it himself.