[149] - A Somewhat Accidental Confession

I accidentally deleted this in my notes after having written half and cried like an actual baby

Warnings: none that I'm aware of

It's a day late cuz I had to study and then I was forced to go to bed before I finished proofreading ):

--

It was almost three in the morning, that much Virgil could make out as he squinted at Logan's wrist watch. That meant he'd slept for about twenty minutes, which had been quite unintentional. And so was the fact that he was sitting with his head leaning on Logan's shoulder.

Though he had Logan's arm around his shoulders, so the unplanned cuddling couldn't have been entirely unwanted. At least Logan didn't seem to mind and Virgil was thankful for that.

Virgil was very reluctant to move, after all he was still practically half asleep and Logan was warm and leaning against him was more comfortable than Virgil could've guessed. So he didn't move. He still had full view of the tv, and Logan couldn't see if his eyes were open from this angle. Virgil stayed in place, getting good use of his ability to fake being asleep. He really only had to keep his breathing slow and steady and Logan wouldn't realize.

This was pleasant, sitting like this, their shared blanket lying over their legs, and no one else being around to disturb this moment. Virgil wished they'd have more time like this, just the two of them. It always had him feeling so at peace, being around Logan made him feel calmer in general. Perhaps it was the fact that he was the literal embodiment of logic since logic was what made Virgil's anxiety calm a lot of the time.

Virgil wondered if the movie would end soon and what would happen then. Would Logan wake him up so they could both go to their respective rooms and get some sleep? Or would he perhaps not want to move and instead end up falling asleep on the couch he too? The first option was the most likeable mostly because that one wouldn't mean there was a chance any of the others would stumble upon them sleeping on the couch together.

Logan reached for the remote next to him on the couch, then lowering the already low sound of the movie. Maybe he was scared of waking Virgil, which really wasn't something he should fear as Virgil was already awake (not that Logan knew that). But then, to Virgil's surprise, he spoke. Virgil would rather not admit how close he'd been to moving simply because of how startled he'd been.

"I am aware that you are asleep, Virgil, and I realize that this is very cowardly of me, but I have to have this said and I honestly could not think of any better moment to do this." Logan said or, more accurately, mumbled. Virgil was very unsure where this was going, he resisted the urge to hold his breath in fear. Maybe it was because of the late hour and his inability to form decisions but Virgil still not make Logan aware of him actually being awake.

Admittedly, he was curious to find out what Logan didn't dare to tell him when he didn't think Virgil was sleeping. He was indeed scared that he had somehow done something to upset Logan and that this was Logan's way of getting it off his chest, or perhaps he was going to tell Virgil how annoying he really were, but despite Virgil's ability to overthink there was something that told him that this was not the case this time. But he couldn't put his finger on what it was.

"I understand that it might be considered strange, or at the very least unexpected, as I have always claimed to be emotionless, but that has proven far too many times to be a false claim. You being the ultimate proof I suppose." Logan's fingers brushed along Virgil's arm in a gesture that had Virgil's heartbeat quickening up considerably (though the words helped too) and he felt as goosebumps spread over his whole arm.

He thanked the fact that he was still wearing his long sleeved purple shirt instead of his pajama shirt which was a t-shirt, that meant that that reaction was not noticeable.