[150] - Tea And A Puzzle

Warnings: virgil not wearing any clothes(?), nothing sexual but slightly suggestive i guess, cozy and relaxed bois having a calm day off

Human au

--

Logan knocked on the bathroom door, hearing how the shower was turned off and Virgil calling to him that the door was unlocked. He took that as a 'welcome in' and opened the door, being greeted by his boyfriend who was sticking his head out from the shower curtain he was stood behind.

"What is it?" He asked, pushing his wet fringe out of his face and looking like he wasn't aware that he'd been in the shower for an hour (which Logan knew he was).

"You've been in the shower for a long time, I miss you. Plus you're starting to be a danger to the environment." He said. This was Logan's day off and he wanted to spend it with Virgil. Even if it was while doing something as trivial as dragging Virgil to the grocery store, cuddling on the couch, or taking a walk together.

"But the shower is warm." Virgil whined and pouted at Logan.

"I am warm." Logan resorted and he heard a huff from Virgil.

"You have to have the coldest hands known to man." He said and Logan wasn't going to argue that since his hands were indeed always cold.

"That is beside the point." Logan tried, Virgil immediately snorting.

"It really isn't."

"Shush, come drink tea and lay a puzzle with me." He smiled a small, soft smile and practically saw how Virgil decided to comply.

"Fine, but only because you make such a compelling argument." Virgil pulled the shower curtain away, stepped onto the floor and held his hand out. Logan grabbed the towel and tossed it to him, deciding not to mention how easily Virgil could have reached it himself.

"Great, shall I go make the tea while you get dressed?" He said as Virgil buried his face into the soft fabric.

"Yeah, you do that. Hey, by the way, where is the hairdryer?" Virgil asked and Logan remembered yesterday after his own shower when it had stopped working out of nowhere. Virgil would not be overjoyed to hear about that.

"It broke, and before you ask, no, I do not know why and no I did not drop it. We'll have to buy a new one." Logan said and Virgil groaned unnecessarily loud as he began drying himself off.

"I can do it tomorrow after work. But let's not think anymore of that now, what tea do you want?" Logan asked and Virgil took a short moment to think.

"I want Russian Earl Grey." He said, then dropping the towel and grabbing Logan's arm just as he was about to turn around and leave.

"Don't be so hasty." He said, leaning in and fitting his lips on Logan's and he couldn't help melting into the kiss, stepping closer and putting his hands on Virgil's waist, which immediately had Virgil gasping and pulling back.

"Your hands are horrifyingly cold, there has to be something wrong with your blood flow or whatever." Virgil complained and Logan let his hands wander up his sides.

"And you're wonderfully warm." Logan said, moving his hands to Virgil's back and watching how he grimaced before pushing his hands away.

"Horrible! Get those away from me." He exclaimed, then bending down to pick the towel up, pulling it around himself protectively.

"Whatever. As much as I enjoy the view, get dressed, V." Logan said, Virgil's face flushing the tiniest bit pink but he opened the towel up with a smirk, giving him more of a view, wiggling his shoulders. Logan rolled his eyes and turned away with a smile.

"I'll see you in the living room." He said and left.

Logan was already waiting on the couch when Virgil appeared a few minutes later, two cups of steaming hot tea waiting for them both on the table by an opened box full of puzzle pieces. Virgil sank down onto the couch next to Logan with a slight smile.

The room was warm, the cranked open window not changing the temperature much despite the rain outside, but it did fill the room with the soft pitter-patter of raindrops. Virgil grabbed the blanket that lay folded in the corner of the couch, pulling it around himself. He was already wearing his beloved hoodie and Logan failed to understand how he could possibly be cold enough to need a blanket too.

Virgil reached both his hands out for his cup, bringing it up to his face and blowing on the hot liquid, then taking a very careful sip. Logan pulled the box with the pieces closer and began rifling through them, picking up every edge piece he could find and putting them in small piles on the coffee table.

Virgil rested his cup on his thigh, holding it with one hand as he used his other to search for puzzle pieces too.

"Give me all the blue and white sky pieces you find." Virgil said, picking out all the edge pieces in those colors. Logan shuffled a small pile of pieces he'd discarded towards Virgil and then continued his search for more pieces, putting all the green ones that looked to be part of the forest in one pile for him to piece together later.

He liked finding as many edge pieces as possible before starting to put them together so there would be less of the desperate searches for the few that were missing.

He glanced at Virgil who was humming along to a song he must have stuck in his head, trying pieces together and frowning when they didn't fit. His hair fell down over his eyes (Logan couldn't understand how it wasn't annoying) and there was no makeup on his face for a rare change.

He shuffled a bit closer to Virgil, brushing a quick kiss to his cheek and watching in the corner of his eye as Virgil's previous frown slowly transformed into a smile as he continued his search for more pieces. Logan turned back to his own part of the puzzle, reaching for his cup and taking a small sip of his tea.

Logan hoped he would be spending many more days off work like this.

--

Written: 20th, 21st October 2019
Published: 23rd November 2019
Words: 1084

Wanna lay a puzzle now

School is fucking brutal, I'm constantly tired and wish I'd never been born

So that's fun (:

Anway how are u?