[48] - Experiment Gone Wrong

Ok, but I feel like Logan would do something like this

In which Logan uses an experiment to figure out how Virgil feels for him, which might not have been the brightest idea since he ended up being as insensitive and clueless as always.

Warnings: swearing, misunderstanding, hurt feelings

Don't worry, happy ending as always

--

"Virgil I need your help with an experiment." Logan said the moment he found Virgil. He was sitting on the couch, scrolling on his phone with a bored expression.

"Sure. It's not like I have something better to do." Virgil said, throwing his phone onto the couch he sat on.

"Don't agree before you hear the experiment, it's... not like the others you have helped me with."

"What is it?" Virgil asked cautiously.

"Well, remember that you can say no and I will not be upset at all. But I have found myself wondering what it is that is so special about kissing and I would like to do an experiment on, well, kissing." He finishes, pretending that he did not hear how Virgil breathed in sharply. He knew that Virgil looked at him differently than the others did. And he wanted proof for how he suspected that Virgil felt for him.

He had a general clue about Virgil's feelings for him, so he was going to propose this experiment to find out if Virgil felt for him in the way he thought. And he also wanted to kiss Virgil, the thought of it made him nervous, in a good way. And an experiment was the only way he knew how to do something like this.

"Alright." Virgil said, only sounding slightly hesitant, it was mostly cancelled out by the eager look in his eyes.

"Excellent." Logan said, smiling politely. Then he decided that there was no use in wasting time, he should just get right to conducting his experiment. He placed one hand on Virgil's cheek, and the other on his chest. That way he could feel if Virgil's heartbeat changed.

He leaned in, pressing their lips together. There was a slightly awkward nervousness at first where neither of them were sure what to do, or how to proceed, but then that worry melted away. Their lips fit so well, and Logan loved the way they moved together.

He gently pushed Virgil back before it became all too much. He opened his eyes, looking into Virgil's and feeling his heartbeat beneath his fingers. He took a moment to calm down his own heart and make sure he still had his voice before speaking.

"As expected, your pupils are dilated and your heartbeat have sped up." Logan said. It caused the dazed expression on Virgil's face to be replaced by a frown. He stepped backwards, almost flinching away from him.

"What?!" Virgil exclaimed, his tone sharp and he showed an expression of hurt that Logan did not really understand.

"The experiment, it gave me the last bits of evidence that I needed to be able to confirm that you indeed have feelings for me." Logan said triumphantly, proud over having gotten the wanted result. But Virgil did not seem to share his opinion on that.

"You- you can't just-" Virgil said, sounding angry, which actually caused Logan to feel thoroughly confused. Then Virgil turned around on the spot, hurriedly making his way out of the room.

Logan just stared after him, sitting down on the couch with a sigh. That did not go ideally.

--

Not even ten minutes passed before an angry Patton marched into the room, right up to Logan and pulled him up from the couch.

Patton gripped his shoulders, steering him into the kitchen and sat him down on a chair. Then he sat down on the opposite side of the table, next to Roman who was already there.