Revelation

RevelationShared by PhoEbuS_ApOllO

Here's my article for our school paper (Siena College Q.C.) like i promised everyone....Don't be afraid of the dark. You are not alone.Not all things in this world can be explained scientifically. There are moments that would make your hair stand and make you wonder in confusion. There are instances that would make you feel the unexplainable chill in the air & make your heart beat faster. And you will feel that you are not alone. Being a fan of ghost stories, I would like to share this article that would reveal the mysteries & unexplainable stories that circulate on the dark corners of the school.The Filipino culture is embedded with various beliefs & traditions. One of these is the principle of supernatural beings, or things that they say are from the other dimension.One thing that is present in every establishment or institution, especially those who already stood against time like ours, are the mysterious events, which baffles the mind of the people who either heard them or experienced them. Even the conviction that strange myths involve the history of our school is present. Since the early days of my school life, I have heard so many ghost stories, some of which are almost the same, only told in different forms & versions. Some are silly, some are absurd, some are exaggerated and some are really too horrifying to believe. But it's up to us whether to believe them or not. To make this long story short, I'll start the eye-opener.The common haunted spots said to be are the comfort rooms, isolated corridors, some classrooms, office rooms, laboratories & other deserted parts of the school, and each have a story to tell.

COMFORT ROOMS:

-Some reportedly heard a woman moaning inside the 4th floor Girls' CR.-A locked door inside the girls' CR beside the Rosary gate was said to be the place where someone died. It's also the place where a group of female students, while doing their thing, saw a floating head of a woman or a nun, peeping on the window.-Some say that many years ago, a scary head of a woman was seen inside the cubicle, on the bowl, on the Girls' CR beside the Accounting Office.

CLASSROOMS/CORRIDORS:

-It was almost nighttime, and a varsity player decided to go to her classroom to get some or fix her things. Upon walking through the 3rd Floor, she saw a nun all alone in a wheelchair passing by. As a sign of respect, she greeted her. After fixing her things, she went out of her room & went downstairs. She was astonished to see the nun upon entering the 2nd level of the building.-Many say that the corridors of the school, especially those on the 4th floor, are haunted by white ladies, headless nuns & many more.-Years ago, a group of first year students, during their Foundation Retreat Seminar, saw a headless nun walking aimlessly on the 4th floor corridor near the Girls' CR, down to the stairs.-A teacher, who was believed to have a 6th sense, was having her lesson with her pupils. On the midst of her discussion she stopped talking & was shocked upon seeing someone entering the room. The students of course were not aware of the presence of that someone. And so the teacher said, I'm sorry I was distracted. There's someone inside the room. And when the ghost was gone, the teacher again replied, Oh. Now he's gone.-Years ago, it was preparation of the intramurals and so there were a lot of practices. One afternoon, hours after dismissal, a female student went to the CR all alone. A janitor said to have raped & murdered the girl. The ghost of the girl was believed to be haunting a particular classroom, and the students would hear cries, knocks on the table, and they even say that the girl was participating & listening in every class discussion.-Some believed that the current classroom of the 2N is haunted. The room had a big crucifix, and some say that if you remove that crucifix, the carpenter who made that appears & visits the room.

OFFICE/FACULTY ROOMS/LABORATORIES:

-Some reported that 2 teachers saw 2 female students in brown uniform passed through the Principal's Office by 5:00-7:00 pm. The creepy thing is, it's locked.-A working student was about to clean the Asst. Dean's office. Upon entering the door, she heard an appalling laugh & suddenly flew to the air, bumped herself on the floor, and was injured.-A group of students who were about to go to trip to Tagaytay passed by the High school Faculty room on the 2nd floor. My schoolmate assumed that there was nobody inside the room. Upon passing the room, they saw a black/dark shadow dashed along the room.-It was about 6-7pm, and some students were locking the gates in the corridors. There was obviously no one in the quiet corridors but them. The 2nd floor faculty room was locked, but the students say they heard someone inside the room fixing his/her things & they heard things bump on the floor. It was believed to be the ghost of a departed teacher who kept on haunting the place.-Some students apparently saw a headless woman in white playing the computer on the 4th floor computer lab.

OTHERS:

-Last year, a group of High school students was supposedly seen performing the so-called Spirit of the Glass. In the midst of their ritual, one of them was possessed by an evil spirit. Anxiously, her classmates immediately brought her to the chapel. They put out the Rosary but she threw it & stamped on it. They put out the Bible but she tossed it to the ground.-During our Science Camp last year, it was nighttime & the astronomer who taught us was narrating some ghost stories to us. We realized he had a Third Eye, and obviously he can see ghosts. He said, on that particular time of our science camp, he spotted a lot of ghosts around the dark corners of the campus.-A college student was using the telephone near the photocopier machine. It was almost nighttime & there were only few people in the campus. In the midst of her call, she abruptly noticed a headless man in a barong floating around & went through the wall. She was so terrified that she ran rapidly to the bookstore. They say that the headless man she saw was the soul of a male student who died during a nightmare. The barong she saw was the same one he wore during his wake.-Years ago, a group of grade school students had a practice for a program. Since it was already nighttime, they stayed at the Siena Hotel. While they were walking around the grotto, they felt like as if someone was following them, because they hear some footsteps. When they turned back, they were mystified seeing clusters of flies on their path. They continued walking and then afterwards, they looked back to where they came from & were perplexed to hear no more footsteps & see no more flies.

SCIENTIFIC APPROACH / BOGUS STORIES:

-Our classroom when we were in 2nd year was said to be haunted. Many say that years ago, a girl was run over by a car and died, and kept on visiting that particular classroom. During breaks, students hear creepy sounds such as moaning, crying, and many more. They said that the room was already blessed by a priest, and so the inexplicable events ceased occurring. Our teacher said there's a scientific explanation beyond this incident. Since the room was bordered by sets of windows, when the wind coming from a particular direction & the wind coming from the other direction meet, they produce a whistling sound.-I can't forget this incident. When I was still in the First Year, during our class, 2 of our classmates went down to the photocopier machine near the upper quad. When they returned, they were breathing heavily & were obviously terrified. They said they saw a headless nun in the chapel. During dismissal, me and many of our classmates decided to go to the chapel to prove what they saw was true. Upon peeping from the college library corridor to the entrance of the chapel, all we saw was a PROJECTOR COVERED BY A BLUE CLOTH.

Disturbing isn't it? Well, these stories are the ones I collected during my interview among the people who either experienced them, or just heard them. Many may not believe or disagree with the way I narrated these stories. Well these are enough. I just want to clear things up. My purpose of presenting this article is not to frighten you, but to entertain you & share what I've discovered. Let's try to become conscious about the things around us & the things that affect our lives. It only proves that NOT ALL in this world can be explained scientifically. Like I said, it's up to us whether to believe them or not. What matters is your faith to God will not be affected or weakened by these things.

And to end this article, I just want to say that everything has its purpose of existence. All of us in this world do not have the ability to be knowledgeable about every single thing that subsisted & will exist in this world, especially those who are beyond our critical thinking. Some things are better left unsaid for the good and betterment of the society.