Ilocos

Shared by : apocrypha

I know someone from ilocos who experienced this. some years ago, she and the rest of her barkada had their picture taken. when the film was developed, her friend in the middle was missing in the picture, but they all know that she was suposed to be there.

two weeks after she was hit by a car, dead.

How about anting-anting stories? my deceased lolo had one, kaya this is true and nanay ko pa nagkwento sa 'kin. almost all the elders in their town during that period have anting-anting, each one different from the other and sometimes when they gather at night, nagpapasikatan sila. my lolo would eat broken glasses/bottles. basta bubog, kahit ano. and my mom recalls that he would chew it pa, and they would all hear the crushing and grinding then he'd swallow it like ordinary food.

When my mom was around seven, my lolo got terribly ill because of tuberculosis and you know how it was those days, tb is deadly and incurable then. on his death bed, gulay na sya but then he just wouldn't die, naghihingalo lang. then my lola asked him, actually begged him pa raw, to spit the anting-anting out kasi if he doesn't take it out of his body, hindi talaga sya mamamatay and he would just go on suffering. gusto sana nyang ilipat or isalin but my lola didn't permit kasi she believes that this power comes from the devil, where else? the moment he spit it out, he died. and my lola saw it, like a small black shiny stone that kept on bouncing and then disappeared.