May multo pala sa Merville Park?

Shared by : Shadowdawn

Yeah, I saw a ghost once. I thought it was a ghost. But up to this very day I still have doubts. It was but a few years back (I think two years ago) and I was in highschool. I was staying over at a friends house kasi inuman kami. We had a few bottles of beer. When we finished the last bottle of beer, we said our goodbyes and were about to go home. Then my friend suggested we go out (it was already past midnight) and first visit the park. Of course we said sure, why not? There was nothing else to do anyway. So we went. None of us were drunk (of course). Anyways, we were about to reach the park when I suddenly got this very bad feeling. It was like evil surrounded me all of the sudden. I said to my friend what I had felt. They joked about how I only had a few beer and I was already drunk. I retaliated with giving them each a quick smack on the head. Of course we continued onwards towards the park. I thought to myself "Guni guni mo lang yan..." When we finally got to the park, we had fun for a while. We played around the monkey bars and joked on how none of us could even lift ourselves off the ground. I completely forgot the feeling I had a while ago. Being the biggest of my friends, I said to them I could do 20 chin-ups on the bars. They accepted the challenge and even had a bet that I couldn't even do five. They were right. I fell flat on my butt. We all laughed at my stupidity. Until I had that very same feeling again. It was like I was being watched by someone else other than my friends. I stopped laughing and turned around and there he was (I was pretty sure it was a he, I don't know why though) just standing there right beside a tree nearby. He was very tall (say about as tall as a basketball player) but he was only a shadow. No face, no nothing. Just a shadow standing beside a tree. I was pretty sure it was not the shadow of the tree for I could also see the shadow of the tree in the other direction (magkabilaan sila in other words). I quickly faced away, heart beating wildly. My friends also stopped laughing and asked me what was wrong. I looked at the shadow again but it was gone. One of my friends noticed I was very pale, like a saw a ghost or something (duh!). I said to him I wanted to go back to the house. I actually insisted that we hurry back. He asked me why but I had already started walking. I almost ran back to the house. When we finally reached my friends house I quickly locked the door and looked outside through the window. Once again my friends asked me what was wrong. I told them what I saw, then I asked if any of them saw it too. At first they laughed at me and said that it was only my imagination but when they saw the seriousness of my face they stopped. My friend who owned the house suggested that we should all just stay for the night and go home in the morning. He also said that the park was reported to be haunted but he really didn't believe it. I didn't say anything. I was just glad that I was somewhere safe. The next morning we finally went home. Up to this very day my friends joke about what I saw on that night. And up to this very day I still wonder what I really saw. I even had second thoughts of going back there at the same time, but couldn't muster up the courage to do so. The odd thing was one of my friends had an open third eye but I was the only one who saw the 'so-called shadow'. Another odd thing is that we didn't even talk about any ghost stories (which we usually do kung nag-iinuman kami) on that faithful night. Maybe I was just going crazy and didn't know it.