Short Stories 3

Story #1

Shared by smooth

Nung early 90s when I was in college, during our thesis days (we'd often stay in school para bantayan ang thesis experiment), I was on my way to Parañaque-Baclaran coming from Diliman at around 1am, antok na antok. Kasabay ko ang GF ko and she was sleeping beside me on the front passenger seat. Wala pang mga flyover sa EDSA at that time and nakatulog ako before the EDSA-Buendia intersection and nagising ako past the EDSA-Pasay road intersection, dalawang stoplight nakatulugan ko. Nung pababa na ng Magallanes flyover and going about 80kmh, parang half-sleep ako (yung feeling na para ka na lang nakasakay and hindi ka na nagmamaheno). Biglang may nakita akong taong nakatayo sa harapan ng sasakyan (about 1 feet away), naka-red na tshirt, nakaturo ang kanang kamay sa akin at nakatitig ang mata sa mata ko. (yung para bang bigla na lang nag-materialize and didn't look like he was walking or crossing the street), siyempre bigla akong preno. Halos umikot ang kotse (buti na lang walang kotse sa likod ko). Muntik pang mapasubsob ang GF ko sa dashboard buti na lang walang mga kotse sa likod. Tingin-tingin ako pero wala namang tao around. I think I stayed on the spot for a good 2-3 minutes to look around kung may taong tumakbo, wala naman. Deserted all over ang kalye (ni wala ngang mga bus which i really found weird).

Umandar ako ng konti at tumigil sa pinakamalapit na gas station about a hundred or so meters away. Wala namang tama ang kotse. Siyempre kinabahan kami ng GF ko.

Story #2

Shared by oldblue

How about white smoke? Anybody here experienced this? Back in college, I was driving home with my dad's owner jeep after an evening exam. Pagdating ko dun sa kanto ng cemetery diyan sa Makati, biglang natanggal ang left front tire ng jeep, buti na lang naka-2nd gear pa lang naman. Subsob lang inabot ko.

Panic to the max ako. Add to the fact that the next day, 8am ang next exam ko. Went to Buendia on foot desperately looking for a phone booth at 10pm and left our open jeep with all my things in it. Sa kaka-worry ko, hindi ko namalayan I was walking na sa inner lane ng Buendia and then I heard this bus blow the horn at my back. Next thing I remember, it was all white smoke when I turned back then I saw the bus in front of me na. Got to a phone booth. And my dad and mechanic went to the rescue. I never studied na 'coz gabi na rin kami nakauwi. Then it turned out that I got the highest grades on those two exams compared doon sa ibang inaral and pinrepare ko during that finals weekend. Weird but true.

-------

Never really gave that white smoke much thought since then. in fact, what I remember most during that fateful day was what if I reached EDSA at doon nag-detach yung gulong.5 years later, I dropped home my gf sa village nila late in the evening and I went home na. I was driving my CRV and pag-reach ko ng isang intersection, there's this big pickup truck that came from my right at high speed. My mistake din kasi I got used to that village na halos walang kotse sa streets and I developed the habit of not looking or stopping at every intersection.To make the long story short, it was too late to accelerate or even to stop and again white smoke lang nakita ko. After that, what I got was a slight bump to my front tire. Got out of the car and went to the driver. Driver was drunk!

Again I didn't give much thought to the white smoke. It was only during a dream I had (maybe a year or two later) that I realized what it was, or at least in my opinion.

Had a crazy dream of me & my family to be run over by a car in Hongkong. My parents were ahead of the group and I saw this hi-speed sports car from the right and I knew by then that the car will hit them. In my dream sequence, I flew like Superman to save them, as in flying. I reached them exactly at the right time the car hit all of us but we didn't feel anything 'coz the white smoke appeared again. Then the white smoke formed into a man with gladiator-like outfit with sword and with wings on his back. The car simply crumpled after hitting him.Crazy dream but to this day, I still have photographic memory of that "angel".