Office Ghost Stories

Shared by Sherolf

Oftentimes, I was the last one to leave in our area because I always wait for my hubby. I already heard lots of "paramdam" stories in our area. (Our dept is located at 3rd floor pero parang mezzanine area namin. tapos ang pinaka-3rd floor area occupied naman ng other dept). First encounter, may narinig akong sumitsit, pero deadma lang, baka kako si kuya utility na tagakuha ng mga basura, since kabiruan ko na din siya. At dahil curious ako, sumilip ako sa pinto but I found no one. Ang pinakanatakot talaga ko was, when I saw a reflection on the pc monitor that someone passed by at my back, at paglingon ko walang tao. My supervisor just left few minutes ago, like not less than five minutes, what I did was turned the pc off not waiting if it was really off. Naabutan ko si bisor sa lobby waiting for the elevator and asked me why do I looked so pale. Then I told her what happened. Madami pa yan pero mapapahaba na masyado.

***

Shared by Mimiku

It was in 2009, I was working as an HR associate in a BPO company in Valero St. Makati. The building was old, and it was rumored to be a residential house before it was converted to a commercial building. Our receptionist wanted to take a dump but was too shy to do it in the first floor toilet  (it was packed with so many applicants that afternoon) and so she asked me to accompany her to go to the 5th floor toilet. As we were inside the elevator, she began to ask me questions if I heard rumors about 5th floor specifically the toilet. I said I haven't heard anything about it. She said a lot of the guards and some employees swore they often see a ghost of a child and his mother wandering around the area and at times would scare people by coming in the elavator with them. She said the ghost child was sutil and oftentimes pranked employees. I started to become really uncomfortable when we reached the 5th floor. I noticed that there were only a few employees and the toilet was a little bit far from where the offices were located. When we entered the lavatory, it was very cold and empty. We were the only ones who were there at the moment. My officemate checked all of the cubicles first. She entered the middle cubicle while I stayed near the sink and combed my hair. She was very anxious so she began to talk about the history of the building and told me about the rumor that where we were was the exact place where a mother and a child were murdered in the 80's. I told her to stop her story and talk about something else which she did. We continued our chat as she got out of the cubicle and washed her hands. Then not long after, we heard a flushing sound from one of the cubicles. It is as if someone was in there and flushed the toilet. We stopped talking, looked at each other and suddenly we remembered no one was there except for us. We were so scared that we screamed so loud as we struggled to get out of the lavatory as fast as we could. One of the guards saw us, and he just smiled as if he knew exactly what happened inside. I never visited the 5th floor ever since that day.

***

Shared by Hisana

This was during way back. One time, naka-locked kasi yung front door nung office, medyo evening na kasi, so I called our front desk, baka meron pang pwede magbukas. So ayun, sumagot yung isa sa mga secretaries namin, she said na bubuksan daw niya. After a few minutes, unlocked na yung door, so pasok na ako. Now, mga an hour later, yung isa kong co-worker dumating, tinanong ako kung paano ako nakapasok kasi siya daw kanina he tried the door pero locked. Sabi ko I called ate so-and-so and she let me in. Sabi ni co-worker wala naman daw tao dun kanina. Napaisip ako, sabagay, wala naman dun si ate nung pumasok ako sa door and I never saw her later until nung umalis ako a few hours later. But I never gave it much thought after our conversation. Wala naman akong na-feel na creepy vibes.

The next day, si ate so-and-so said wala daw siya kagabi. So ayan na, natakot na si co-worker ko! Ako naman inisip ko na baka ibang tao lang, baka nagkamali lang ako to assume that it was her who answered the phone. But another one of our co-workers may third eye yata, she told me na meron daw talaga syang nase-sense na presence in the office. So...ewan ko lang if that was it.

***

Shared by Miss Taken

Yung building kung saan located yung previous company ko medyo sikat na kasi marami ng may scary experience dun, even my dad nung fireman pa siya na-inspection daw nila yun at may nagparamdam din daw especially sa elevator.

So ako naman sanay na sa mga ganyan since bata pa lang ako madalas akong makakita at nakaka-sense kaya nung nagstart na ako magwork sa building na yun at kahit mag-isa lang ako hindi ako natatakot. Mga ilang weeks wala akong naramdaman until one night (graveyard shift) na mag-isa ulit ako sa elevator, so I pressed 8 since dun yung office namin. Nagulat ako huminto yung elevator sa 2nd floor eh eto yung kinakatakutan ng mga officemates ko kasi wala pang nagre-rent sa floor na yun kaya walang ilaw at imposible na may tao. Pagbukas ang dilim talaga then wala namang sasakay kaya kinabahan na ako.

Then narinig ko may nagha-hum na boses ng babae so nung time na yun pindot na ako ng pindot sa kahit na anong number para lang magclose yung pinto. Hindi na rin ako tumitingin sa paligid ko kasi mirror pa naman yung style ng elevator eh baka meron na pala akong kasama sa loob. Nakailang "In Jesus name" ako at after 10 seconds siguro tsaka siya nagsara. Dahil sa experience na yan, lagi na din akong may kasama kapag gagamit ng elevator. Lol.