💅Nail Mystery🤭

Tomura and Shoto sat down on the floor at the end of their bed, sitting on two seperate bean bag chair, an entire blanket covering Shigaraki's body, like a robe with a hood. The lights were dimmed down, a candle lit besides the TV, the only other light source coming from Todoroki's laptop.

The two were investigating something that had happened earlier that evening.
Here's what went down;

Tomura and Shoto were sitting in the living room, sitting at the bar, listening to Compress talk about one of his past performances. Toga then suddenly patterned into the room, wearing black winter gloves, and looking both sad and annoyed. Her face was damp and her eyes were red, showing she had been or was crying. Toga went over and hugged Todoroki tightly, obviously wanting some comfort. "Toga? What's wrong?" Todoroki asked, gingerly stroking her blonde hair, hugging her back with the other arm.

As if on cue, Dabi came into the room, wheezing as if he had been without air for hours. Toga's grip tightened on Shoto, and she sniffled and began grumbling. "What did you do this time, Dabi?" Shigaraki quickly pointed the finger at Dabi, who was one of the only people who could get under Toga's skin.
"I didn't do anything," Dabi grinned, "Clumsy over here broke all of her gel nails off right after Magne got done doing em."

"What are gel nails?" Todoroki and Shigaraki questioned in unison, turning to Toga. But she wouldn't answer, too saddened by how careless she had been. Dabi began to cackle again, "Holy shit I cant get over it! Hahahaha!!" Todoroki's eyes narrowed, before gently tapping Toga's shoulder.
"Go to Tomura for a minute." Himiko nodded, shuffling over and hugging her boss instead, while Todoroki stood up from his spot at the bar, cracking his stiff knuckles.

Shigaraki wasn't as good at comforting people as Todoroki was, but he tried his best. "Uh...there there.." Shigaraki tapped the top of the blonde's head comfortingly, doing his best to ignore the sounds of bashing and thudding, along with the Todoroki brothers yelling. "Did you...like those uh..gel nails?" Shigaraki asked conversationally, trying to keep a straight face and not laugh at what he saw out of the corner of his eye.

"Yeah..they were such a pretty red."
"What kind of red?"
Toga gestured over Shoto, "About his hair color of red."
"That is a pretty red."
"Tomura-Kun, your such a simp."
"I-I-WAAGH?? I AM NOT!!!"

Aaannd that leads us to now.

Neither Dabi nor Toga did tell Tomura and Shoto what gel nails were, so now they were searching up everything about them. "Here's what I found," Todoroki spoke up, u bothered by the fact that Shigaraki was laying on his shoulder, "Gel nails are made through a three-step process, which consists of brushing a base coat, nail polish, and top coat over your natural nails. ... Once cured, the layer of gel polish hardens and won't smudge like a regular nail polish. The final result is nails that sport a glossy finish and freshly manicured look."

"So that's what she had been doing for the past hours." Shigaraki hummed, feeling a bit relieved as he snuggled into his blanket cocoon of comfort.
"So...its about actually nails?"
"Yeah, I guess. What did you think?"
"Like, nails you do construction with."
"Seriously? Do you think Toga would use nails like that for anything besides killing people?"

"She tried building a desk once." Todoroki mumbled, allowing Shigaraki to lay against his chest.
"That desk was from IKEA, they don't count. Their  like Lego but for adults."
"That's an offensive stereotype. I was building IKEA chairs, desks, tables, all kind of things by the age of twelve. "
"You also had to mature quicker than other kids."
"...."
"I win."
"Shut it, Handy-Man."