📋The Boy🧒🏻

This is a parody, so I better not get sued. Also context: I'll be honest I've never the actual movie, but I've watched a ten-minute recap of the entire film and a whole lotta clips on YouTube. So yeah I'm basically an expert 😉

Anyways I decided to write this based off the movie, but I changed a few things like THE BABYSITTER ACTUALLY DOING THEIR JOB. I'VE NEVER SEEN THIS MOVIE IN FULL BUT I CAN TELL YOU FULL-HEARDTEDLY THAT I HATE GRETA. Like BITCH JUST DO YOUR JOB.

I'm sorry, that was probably very rude. I just hate when people don't do their job and/or assignments. Urks me to no end.
Anyway, enjoy this! Probably be a few chapters long if you all enjoy it enough 😊
This story is a no quirk AU, btw.

Day 1:

Todoroki Shoto's head tilted down closer into his bicep, half lidded eyes watching as the carp zipped on through woodland scenery. Living in the city for all his life left the young man unused to seeing so many trees; all of them so tall and green, beautiful yet eerie in a way. His right arm drapes over his tummy as his gut once again twists and turns inside of him. Barely a day in and homesickness was already beginning to take effect.

When Shoto turned twelve he began living with his older siblings Fuyumi and Natsuo, never once going or living anywhere else. But now he was leaving the only home he ever knew for a job interview. Shoto had never once thought of leaving his sister and brother, for they brought joy to his pitiful excuse of an existence. They had done so much for him, especially after his nasty breakup with his boyfriend of three years.

Despite their lives becoming better after finally ridding their father from their lives, this could not be said for their financial stability. Fuyumi juggled college studies and taking care of her brothers, eventually landing a teaching job that paid just as much as you'd think a teacher's wage is. Natsuo has had odd jobs here and there--grocery bagger, delivery driver, fast food worker--but thanks to his own schooling did not have a lot of time to spread for work.

So when Shoto came across an ad in the newspaper for a house keeper a couple cities over, the large amount of money it offered caught his eye. Although the thought of leaving home made him physically ill, Shoto knew that they needed this money. After all, Fuyumi had so much for them--adopted her two brothers when she hit eighteen to remove them from their father's care while also getting a job and apartment to support them--and Shoto felt it right to repay her.

So he called the number and asked about the interview, which leads us to present time.

Todoroki comes back to reality as the cab driver pulls up to a big metal gate. Grabbing his two suitcases--told to bring them just in case he was given the job--Shoto opens the door and steps out onto the gravel road. Digging into his pocket he fishes out ¥820 from his wallet and hands it to the driver. He accepts it with a gracious nod, "Thank ya kindly, ma'am."

"I'm a sir." Shoto points out, tone flat like usual but inside he was just a little bemused.
"Oh," the man blinks, eyeing his passenger once more before he turns away from embarrassment, "sorry 'bout that."
"Don't worry yourself, have a nice evening." "Ya too." Shoto began walking towards the gate as the cable turned around and drove off, leaving the bi-colored haired man alone with his own thoughts.

People tended to do misgender him a lot. In fact more often than not people had to ask Shoto directly what he was and what to call him. Couldn't exactly blame them: his body was built like a man's and he worked out often, so he was fairly muscular. However he had an hour glass shape, along with that his facial features favoring his mother's--or paternal grandmother as he's been told--rather than his father.