👨🏻Paternal Relations🤝

Jesus the title sucks ass..

I am not joking when i say I have been working on this for nearly half a year..

Also the characters Yoshino and Teka Todoroki, plus Teka's new husband Jimmy, do not belong to me. They belong to an amazing creator called Ackerbangbang on their Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr accounts. I really suggest checking out their stuff.

Requested by: Me while scrolling through Ackerbangbang's twitter

Word count: 6,603

Type of story: A nicely laid out plot that gets sad in certain parts but lightened by humor in others

Basic Summary: Shoto never once had a desire to meet his grandparents, especially his paternal ones since they gave life to the wretched Endeavor. But somehow even when items beyond his knowledge and/or understanding, they both have seeme to sneak back into his life.

_______________

(11 years earlier..)

Still drowsy as he made his way out of his room, Shoto shuffles down the hall towards the bar to try and find Kurogiri. It wasn't that he had not been sleeping well but more so that he was just dehydrated that awoke Shoto from his slumber. Usually he stayed awake longer or nearby in case something such as this were to happen.

Normally Shoto wouldn't have bothered to find the man and ask for his assistance, but there was no getting around it without causing a bunch of noise. If only the cups weren't placed so high. Hopefully one day he'll grow up to be tall enough to reach the cabinets without help.

As he made his way into the room, Shoto froze as he noticed something--more accurately someone--standing in the farther corner.

The man was tall, possibly about Kurogiri's height if not just a little shorter, spiky black hair that briefly reminded Shoto of Natsuo's style, and deep brown eyes. Something about his form looked off, fuzzy and having a soft glowing hue to it.

A look of confusion was on his face until his gaze settled on Shoto, becoming a bit startled before calming. Tilting his head, Shoto blinks and states the obvious, "You're not Kurogiri."

"I.." The man too blinks, acting as if he hasn't had a conversation with anyone in a very long time, "I'm not.. Who is Kurogiri? He isn't your dad. "

Shoto shakes his head, "No, he's my caretaker. My father is dead." Sorrow flashes on the man's face for a short moment, but as he takes a deep breath in and lets it out something akin to reassurance replaces it.

Bending down on one knee to get to the child's level, the man says in a calm and sweet tone, "My name is Yoshino, what's your name?"

"Shoto." He answers while rocking back and forth on his heels, arms folded behind his back.
With a knowing nod, Yoshino smiles as he gives a short chuckle. "You look so much like her..its crazy!"
"Who?"

"Your grandma. You look identical to her, but I see some of Enji in there too." His head shakes as he laughs a bit more, although it isn't a laugh made from amusement, "It's so fascinating."
Shoto's brows furrow in confusion, "I don't have any grandparents, Mister Yoshino. None of them wanted anything to do with my family."

This comment seems to hurt Yoshino, who quickly tried to deny this statement, "No no, it isn't like that. I can't speak for your mother's parents, but I.." He froze as his brain further processes the words. Giving up on explaining such a delicate topic to a child, Yoshino smiles and suggests something else, "How about we do something else? What about playing a game? Do you like games?"