Alpheus the cat au

So basically Ant was messing around with potions Alpheus broke onboard and Ant threw a random potion at him. Enjoy!

It started out like a normal day. Ant was taking lessons on Lumuria potion making and it was honestly quite boring. Nereus was only letting him make very basic potions and he was still messing up. Nereus left him alone to practise while he and Will explore a recently discovered sight relating to Lumuria.

Ant had finally finished brewing a potion, but as he took it away from the fire it changed from dark blue to almost pure white.

"Again seriously this is the third time!"

"Why hello there Antaeus."

Ant screamed and flung the potion at Alpheus. As soon as the bottle shattered smoke filled the room. When the smoke cleared Alpheus was gone, the only thing left in his place was a small gray kitten with blue colouring on his head.

"... oh no, mum's gonna kill me."

The cat, Alpheus, looked up at Ant and hissed. Ant smiled nervously.

"Hey Alpheus so umm."

Ant really didn't know what to say, he'd just turned his nemesis into a cat. A few seconds later Kaiko walked over.

"Where did that cat come from?"

"Well, you see... that cat is Alpheus."

"... I'm sorry, what was that."

Ant sighed.

"I turned Alpheus into a cat."

Kaiko looked down at the cat who was hissing at all of them. Kaiko groaned then watched as Ant picked Alpheus up. Alpheus did not like that one bit.

"Hey, stop bitting me I'm trying to help!"

Alpheus only hissed louder. He eventually managed to get Alpheus into a position where he couldn't scratch him anymore. Kaiko then started thinking about what they should do with Alpheus.

"Ok, let's keep Alpheus in your room until we can turn him back."

"Fine."

They locked Alpheus in Ant's room then went to find Nereus and William.

When they came back a few hours later Ant's room locked like a war zone. All of his comics were shredded or in Jeffrey's tank. His blankets had pillows had also been shredded and spread out across the room. Alpheus was sat at Ants desk looking smug.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?!"

Fontaine wasn't helping she was laughing.

"This isn't funny Fontaine!"

"You're right, it's hilarious!"

Ant lifted Alpheus off the desk and was immediately scratched.

"HEY!"

Alpheus almost looked like he was smiling.

"Ant stop antagonising the cat."

"Do you see what he's done to my room! To my comics!"

"Well Ant you did turn him into a cat." Fontaine said smiling.

She walked over to Alpheus and picked him up. Alpheus didn't hiss this time and Fontaine just set him down on the floor.

"Why does he like you!"

"Cause I'm not annoying like you, now let's go see what Nereus has to say."

As it turns out there was no way to turn Alpheus back they just had to wait. Nereus had no idea how long it would take for Alpheus to turn back he said it could be a few hours or a few months. The Nektons weren't exactly looking forward to it but all of Alpheus' disruptive behaviour seemed to be targeted at Ant and honest no one could blame him.

Alpheus as a cat. The chaos he and Fontaine could cause.

Thanks for reading please leave any thoughts or suggestions in the comments and feel free to use any of my ideas or oc's in your own works.