Revelations

Hi readers, here's another chapter for you revolving around Antonio and his new girlfriend Emily; but first, how about you let me know in the comments what you think of the new character that I've just introduced into our story? I'd love to hear what you guys think about her, and where you want me to take this story; thanks again for reading, and I can't wait to see what you guys think. Enjoy guys.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When Emily said that she didn't believe Antonio (when he told her that this is just the third relationship that he's ever been in), she truly meant it; because that's crazy, at his age? I mean, he can't be serious; is he? Well, that most certainly is the question that's (still) on the attorney's mind as she made her way downstairs from her bedroom to see Antonio making some breakfast for the both of them; heck, she can barely believe that it's already 10:45. Where has the time gone? Then again, it may also be due to the fact that she spent a bit of time upstairs in the bedroom; where she spent a bit of time getting ready, while also trying to stretch it out so that she could take some time to think about what Antonio told her...and just how she doesn't believe him. And she hates that, she hates that she can't believe him right now; but it's just who she is, because that's what she's been trained to do as an attorney. She's trained her mind to be skeptical about everything, even your own clients when they come in and try spin her onto their side.

And while she does try and represent everybody (as she believes that everybody has the right to have equal legal representations), she doesn't take a client if their lawsuit is meritless; because that's something that she refuses to do as a consumer protection lawyer, even though she has done a few major ones. In fact, she recently did one where she represented a bunch of injured beach goers; whom were all hurt by defective umbrellas that the city got for a discounted rate in Indonesia, rather than get them from the state of Hawaii. Well, they used to be from there; now, they're back from Hawaii and things are much better. It was also the biggest settlement that she's ever gotten for clients: $125.5 million (with each client receiving about $11.4 million each). And that was something that she was proud to do because she wants to help people; but that's not all she wants to do right now, because she also wants to believe her boyfriend. But as much as she wants to do that, she just can't believe what he said; only his third relationship? Impossible.

That statement just doesn't smell right, and Emily just knows in her gut that's not the truth; after all, lawyers do have pretty good BS meters...and let's just say that hers is off the charts, because that just sounds unbelievable. As much as she wants to believe Antonio, she can't help but be skeptical; especially since that's something that she will not tolerate in her relationship, lying. And that's even more for her, because she's lied to all the time in her work; and that makes her really frustrated at times, because it makes her life (and some of her cases) a hell of a lot harder to win if she's lied to. And if her boyfriend is going to lie to her about the truth, well he's just not going to be her boyfriend anymore; and he can leave, and never come back. So, she's going to confront him; and he's going to have to tell him the truth, that he's been in more relationships than he's said. Or at least give her a real good explanation than she got in the shower, because she does want to believe him; but she needs to have a reason to believe him, and that's an explanation.

Taking a breath as she walked into her kitchen, Emily sighed as she looked at Antonio (who was in the midst of making some eggs for breakfast) before going to walk over to her fridge so that she can grab her water bottle; and while she did think about saying something right then and there, she wasn't able to get the first word out. Rather, Antonio got the first word out; and those were words of concern, especially since she took longer than he expected to come downstairs. "Hey, you took a while." Emily sighed and agreed with Antonio as he said that, before seeing him turn around and make his way over to her; after which, he wrapped his arm around her and smiled as he bent down to kiss her softly. "I had fun in the shower." Emily laughed as she heard Antonio say that because she felt the same way. "Me too, it was fun." Antonio agreed with Emily as she said that, before walking away to go back to making breakfast; at the same time, Emily made her way over to the bar so that she can sit down and talk to her boyfriend right now.