First Day Home: Struggling, Part 2

"Do you want to talk to him?" -Jay Halstead

Walking away from the cribs to make her way over to their bed shortly after Jay asked her whether she wanted to talk to her father, Alex took a breath as she wasn't sure what she wanted to do; but there was something that Jay knew he wanted to do right now, and that was what he didn't want Alex to walk away from him. Rather, he wanted to keep her close...that way, he would be able to give her comfort; at the same time, Jay could only hope that she would speak to him...as that's what she needs to do right now. She needs to talk to him, so that he can help her get through this (clearly) stressful decision. And while it shouldn't be a stressful decision, it clearly was based on the history that Alex had with her father (figure); especially because of how he hurt her, and what he did to her (which negatively affected the twins). The truth was, he could've blown up her entire world, which would've mean that they could've never had a chance to have this life that they have with the twins, who have truly become their whole world...and they love them so much.

And that was something that Jay was completely in agreement with, as he loves Michael and Olivia with his whole heart; but not as much as he loves his beautiful wife, as she's the love of his life. And that's why he hates what he sees right now, the sight of his wife struggling to make a decision that should be extremely easy; whether she wants to talk to her father or not, and how she's going to tell him to her decision. But that wasn't the case for Alex, as she had so many mixed emotions that came with this decision; emotions that were playing over in her mind right now, which was another thing that Jay could see. And that's why he decided to make his way over to his beautiful wife, so that he could hold her in his arms; and so that he could make her feel better, which is exactly what he plans on doing right now (as he tries to calm her down). Just walking up to Alex, Jay smiled as he put his hands on her hips as he looked at the woman he loves; after which, she put her hands on Jay's chest as they cuddled up to each other next to their bed right now.

Stepping extremely close to the love of his life, Jay smiled as he leaned in and proceeded to kiss her softly; taking things nice and slow with the woman he loves, Jay smirked due to the fact that he loves kissing the woman he loves more than anything in the entire world. After which, Alex decided to wrap her arms around Jay's neck; that way, they could hold each other close and just relax right now. Because that's what she and Jay need to do right now, they need to relax; and they just need to take it easy with each other, for the sake of her health...for both of their health, and piece of mind. After all, Jay is constantly worrying about Alex; especially when it comes to her recovery, after just how bad the process that led to her giving birth to the twins started. If you forgot, Alex ended up going into labor prematurely with the twins; and that's still something that haunts Jay every single day, because he always wonders whether he could've done something to stop it. But the truth was, there was nothing that he could've done to stop the results.

It was going to happen regardless, because the motion of events that led them to giving birth was in motion before he was able to get Hank away from Alex; her water had already broken, and that meant that she needed to get rushed to the hospital so that she could give birth that day. But now, they were home; and that's all that mattered at the end of the day, because they were happy and safe. And that's probably something that's playing in Alex's head right now, how she associates her father with risk and danger; and that's something that Jay most definitely doesn't want, because he knows that (deep down) Alex loves her father more than anything in the entire world. And the truth was, he loves her fore that; Hank is not an easy man to love, because he has a lot of flaws. And he also has a really bad background, which Alex has found a way to look past; she sees the best in him, and that's why she loves trying to give him second chances. So, this is why Jay is really sad for his wife...because she's visibly struggling with all of these decisions.