First Day Home: Hi Hank

Hi Readers: What do you guys think of the fact that Jay and Alex actually ended up calling Hank? Did you like the idea? Well, only time will tell how this conversation goes. Hope you guys are enjoying the story and are ready for more, here's the conversation with Hank.
XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To say that Alex was a bit nervous when it came to speaking to her father, well that would be an understatement; especially since this was the first time that she was going to talk to her father since she gave birth to the twins. And that was just something that she didn't know if she was emotionally ready to do, but she still felt like she just needed to do it; that way, it was out of the way. It was done, and it was something that she no longer had to worry about; because that was really what she and Jay both wanted. They both wanted to just get it out of the way, and they wanted to make sure that they relax with each other, which is what Alex needs to do, as she just gave birth to their twins. And that's just one of the reasons why Jay was a bit nervous when it came to them making this call in the first place, but he also knew that this is what they both need to do; they need to get it over with, so that they can relax with each other afterwards. He just hopes that Hank plays along, which then made Jay think of something. "Alex, I am going to talk to your dad first."

Turning her head, Alex looked at the man she loves; confused, Alex decided to press him for reasons why he wanted to speak to her dad alone first. "Is there a reason why?" Jay agreed with Alex as she asked him whether there was a reason, because there is a reason. "I want to talk to him about the fact that you're still recovering, and that he needs to take it easy; and if he wants to keep talking to us, then I need to make sure that he takes it easy on us." Alex agreed with Jay as he told her that, as that was a good idea. "Then speak to him alone first." Jay agreed with Alex as she said that, glad that she was okay with that; after which, she proceeded to take his phone (which they used to call Hank this time around) off speakerphone so that he can talk to him alone. At the same time, he wrapped his arm around Alex to keep her close to him; and while he did that, he also knew that Alex would relax...which is just what she needs to do while they hold each other close right now. Especially since Hank just answered. "Hank Voight, Intelligence." Jay then groaned.

"Hank, it's Sunday. Are you seriously at work right now?" Hearing Jay's voice, Hank was a bit shocked. "Jay? Wait, is Alex okay?" Jay was a bit confused as he heard Hank say that, as he just called him. "Yeah, I'm just calling you back; you just called me, remember?" Hank then (obviously) put Jay on speakerphone as he started to speak to him with an echo, something that he could clearly hear on his end of the phone. "Oh, I think that was a mistake. Your name is still right under Adam still in my phone." Jay just shook his head as he heard Hank say that, not too happy about that. "Seriously? You called us on a mistaken call? And can you explain to me why I'm UNDER Adam when I'm your son-in-law?" Hank then realized that. "Yeah, maybe I should change that." Jay agreed with Hank as he said that. "Yeah, you should. But listen, I'm not calling about that; I want to first check that Olivia Benson spoke to you recently, about a topic that we asked you to talk about? How you are to talk to us while we're still recovering from what you did to us in September."

Hank sighed as he heard Jay say that, well aware that he was the one that did that to his daughter; and that most definitely is something that he's very ashamed of, especially because of what he did to his daughter. "Jay, I need to really apologize for that again. I really am sorry about that, and I hate that I even did that; it was just..." Jay then went to stop Hank. "Hank, I am not getting back into this. But listen, I know that you want to talk to us; and you want to hear how everything is after she just gave birth. More specifically, she wants to try and work things out. But Hank, I am letting you right now; I'm going to be monitoring the call, and I am going to protect my wife. Hank, you need to be careful right now; because you're on shaky ground with me, especially how you're the reason that my wife had to go into prematurely labor with the twins." Hank agreed with Jay as he said that, well aware that was the case. "I know, and I still feel horrible about that; but you already knew that." Jay agreed with Hank as he said that, well aware of that fact.