CHAPTER ONE HUNDRED FOUR

Third Person's Point of View

"Mom, I have a question." The blonde kid looked up to stare at her mother, who was busy crocheting pink yarn using two hooks.

"Hm? What is it?" Y/N responded, still not looking away from her work.

"How many friends do you have in your work?" Lily proceeded with her question, staring at her mother with her blue, doe looking eyes.

This made Y/N's mind churn.

This is an awfully weird question coming from her daughter.

Just what the fuck is happening?

Y/N's eyebrows furrowed with the question, her eyes still focused on the yarns in her hand, using her hooks to make her desired pattern.

"A handful. Lily, focus on your project." She tried to dodge the conversation but the blonde was persistent.

"Really? I thought you had lots?" Lily innocently asked again, before proceeding on continuing her own looping of yarns.

"I only had a few and I also lost some of them. That satisfied your question?" Y/N snickered, hiding the pain behind her own words.

Just thinking about the friends she lost over the last few months made her stomach flip, as if she'll be reliving the memories again.

"Yes. How about... Boyfriends?" Lily asked again, this time not looking at her mother because she knew that there would be wide eyes shooting daggers to her once she spoke her question. But she did it anyway because what could Y/N do? She loves Lily so much and would practically always give in to the child's demands.

But at the same time, Y/N ought to intervene.

"Where the fuck are these questions coming from?" Y/N asked, rolling her eyes at her daughter as the blonde kid gave her mother a side eye.

"Language, mom." Lily reminded, making Y/N sigh.

"Fine."

Lily looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well, it's just that, maybe you're seeing someone and you're not even telling me. I'll finally have a dad!"

Y/N rolled her eyes again. "You already have a dad. Mason's your dad."

Ah.

Mason.

She and Mason have not spoken since their last conversation a few nights ago.

Y/N's been home for almost a week now, it's a shame that she and Mason spent that time being upset with each other.

Well, not exactly upset but it definitely made the atmosphere awkward between the two of them.

Everyday, Mason would go out to come to work and Y/N would be cooking breakfast by then. Lily would happily be waiting on the dining table, waiting for her lunch to be packed so she can head over to school, with her father bringing her to the institute before going to work.

Mason would give her a smile before he and Lily are off to her school and that was it.

That's how every morning worked out between them from the past few days.

Y/N would either spend her time riding a bike on their street, go tend the gardens, read some books, or maybe do some grocery shopping. Worse comes to worst, she spends her afternoon drinking expensive liquor but that doesn't happen everyday, as she's trying her best not to make it an everyday habit.

Come late afternoon, Mason would be back with Lily, and he and Y/N would share a quiet glance before going to their separate ways. With Mason taking over the house duties while Y/N... is nowhere to be found.