CHAPTER SIXTY NINE

STEPHEN

I HIT THE BREAKS slamming my hand down on the steering wheel. The fucking car in front of me is driving thirty in a sixty zone. Fucking stupid people that got their license in a fucking lucky packet. Flicking on my flicker, I switched lanes speeding last the idiot while throwing him the middle finger.

I picked up my phone dialing Alia's number again. It went straight to voice mail, again. Why the fuck won't she answer the phone? Throwing the phone on the passenger seat I sped up.

She fucking misunderstood. I didn't finish talking when she hung up, bit when I called her back she didn't answer. Such a fucking stubborn woman. My stubborn woman. Only mine. If she wants a child, I will give her one, but under the right circumstances.

I pulled to a stop in front of the house, quickly jumping out of the car. The front door opened before I could knock. Michael raised an eyebrow, his lips twitching.

"She's not here."

My shoulders sagged curses falling from my lips as I ran a hand through my hair.

"Where is she?"

He shrugged leaning against the doorway. "What are your intentions with my daughter?"

I blink, surprised by his question. In all the time I've know him, he has never asked this to me. I gave him a smile stepping forward.

"Honestly?"

Hr nodded making my smile widen.

"I want to make her the happiest girl in the world. Now where the fuck is she?"

_______________

I

PULLED THE CAR to a stop next to hers. Switching off the engine I sat silently for a few more seconds before getting out. Her shoulders tensed when she heard me approach, slowly she turned around, glancing at me over her shoulder.

Concern flooded me as I took her in. Her face is extremely pale, dark circles under her red rimmed eyes and her hair is a mess. Rubbing my jaw I walked forward taking a seat next to her on the ground. The view is amazing, perfect.

"What do you want?"

I smiled turning my head to look at her. "You."

My eyes widened as she jumped up turning to glare at me.

"I can't do this anymore Stephen! I'm sick and tired of not knowing what we are, where we stand. I asked you something and you just turned me down, you rejected me without even fully hearing me out! I'm sorry I can't just be friends with you!"

"Good!" I stood making her take a step back. "I don't want to be just friends with you."

Tears filled her eyes. She shook her head walking towards her car. I reached her just as she opened the door. Slamming it shut I pushed her again the car using my body to keep her prisoner.

"I'm tired of these games Stephen." She whispered, her eyes begging me to let her go. "Please."

"What do you want, baby?" I cupped her cheek pressing my forehead against hers.

Her eyes fluttered close, hands reaching up to push me away. I pressed myself closer to her forcing her eyes to flutter open.

"You think I lied about what I said in that car?" She nodded licking her lips. "I didn't lie, baby. I meant every single fucking word I said."

Leaning down I captured her lips pouring every ounce of my feelings into the kiss. We broke apart breathlessly, her tears dried. Wrapping and arm around her waist I pulled her against me again.

"I don't have a problem with our age gap. I don't have a problem with you being broken, I don't care." I smiled slowly slipping my hand underneath her shirt. "I want you whether you're broken or not. I want you whether your body is littered with scars or not. I want you as you are."

My heart started beating erratically in my chest. Sweat trailing down my back. I've practiced this on the plane all the way from London. Planned it down to every single word. Yet, for some fucking reason I can barely remember any of it.

"I know that we started off on the wrong foot, that the reason we met wasn't the best." I stroked her cheek. "The moment my eyes fell on you in that diner, you took my breath away. I fell in love with you and for the first time I saw my future. I want to explore the work with you, want to learn new things with you by my side. I want to build a family, want to watch your stomach grow with our child. I want to spend the rest of my life with only you by my side."

Reaching into my jeans pocket, I pulled out the small jewelry box. With a deep breath I sunk down on one knee opening it. Our eyes locked.

"Alia Julie Dune, will you please marry me and make me the happiest man on earth?"

Fear flashed through me when she only stared down at me. After a few seconds she sank down on her knees in front of me.

"But last night you said-"

"You didn't let me finish." I interrupted her. "You hang up before I could continue."

"W-what were you going to say?" Alia stared at the ring with her cheeks flushed pink.

"I won't be a sperm donor, I want to be a father. A dad to our kids."

"You do?"

I nod reaching out to wipe the tear that fell down her cheek. Alia looked up at me, our eyes locking. She just stared for a few seconds before surprising me. Alia launched at me making me lose my balance and fall back. A grunt fell from my lips as she came down on top of me. Her lips smashed onto mine, I wasted no time in kissing her back.

Breaking the kiss I stared up at her in amusement. "I take that as a yes?"

She laughed but nodded reaching out for the ring. Holding it out of her reach, I sat up with her on my lips. Removing the ring from the box, I slowly slid it onto her finger.

"We should get started on the baby making right away."