Chapter Twenty Three

KATE IS RUNNING LATE. I checked my bag for the third time. Everything is packed, toiletries, clothes, charger, and extra money.

We were suppose to leave an hour ago. I sat down on my bed glancing at my phone again. I've texted her but got no reply. Biting my lip I dialed her number. Maybe the trip is cancelled?

            "I'm on my way." She said as she answered making me let out a breath.

            "Good, I thought you cancelled."

She snorted. "Bitch, I've been planning this for so long there is no way I'm cancelling it."

I had to laugh! After talking for a few seconds more I hang up picking up my bag. The house is silent, every now and then I can hear the TV. I placed my bag by the front door walking into the living room.

My dad sat on his favourite couch reading some papers. Mom sat on the floor with Sam handing her the toys she threw away. Emma sat with her arms cross, glaring at me. I smirked at her. Take that!

            "Is Kate on her way?"

My attention snapped to my dad, I gave him a nod.

           "I've told you the rules." Lowering the papers his eyes locked with mine. "Keep the doors locked at all times, don't talk to strangers. Keep close to crowds. And do you have the pepper spray?"

            "Dad, you've told me that about a million times! Kate has a baseball bat in the car and we have pepper spray." I repeated what Kate had told me earlier.

My mom gave me a stern look making my cheeks heat. I know what she's trying to tell me, don't have sex with strangers!

Like that's going to happen. The only guy I want to have sex with is Stephen. My boyfriend.

A whole week without seeing him, I've managed it before but that was different. We weren't dating then, we are now which makes a huge difference.

It's going to be a long week, but at least I'll be able to talk to him.

A horn is heard from outside making excitement fill me again. Kate's here! I greeted my parents with a tight hug and a kiss on the cheek.

          "Bye squirt!" Messing up her hair I walked into the hall picking up my bag. "See you next Saturday!"

Stepping out of the house I closed the door softly behind me before quickly making my way to the car. Kate got out walking to the back of the car to open the boot. Dropping my bag inside we got into the car.

I glanced at the empty backseat with a frown. "Where's Derrick?"

              "Some last minute changes, that's why I was late. My grandmother took him for the holiday." She gave me a bright smile. "Only us girls!"

____________________

WE HAVE BEEN DRIVING for an hour now. Silence between us with just the radio playing softly in the background. I stared out the window watching the passing landscapes.

My mind on the conversation I had with my mother earlier today. I glanced at Kate, maybe I should ask her for help? Kate knows more about this than I do.

          "What would you say is the best birth control method?"

Her head snapped to me her eyes locking with mine for a few seconds before moving back to the road.

             "You want to go on birth control?" She asked softly with a frown between her brows.

I nod my eyes moving to the window again. "My mom said it would be a good idea to look into it."

Silence settled again, I thought that she isn't going to answer me but she surprised me.

         "It all depends on what you want. There are a lot of choices you have. Right now I'm on the pill, for me it's the most effective, but for you it can be different. Like the pill needs to be taken everyday at the same time."

         "And the other methods?" I asked softly shifting in my seat slightly.

         "I think the best would be to talk to your doctor and she will explain it to you. After you have all the information you can decide for yourself." Kate flashed me a smile turning off into a fuel station.

There is a shop that's open 24/7 which made me sigh in relief, I really need to pee. I climbed out of the car stretching before following Kate into the shop.

          "I'm going to pee." I muttered walking to the back, down the hall towards the bathrooms.

After doing my business I washed my hands staring at myself in the mirror. My hair is a mess, some strands escaping my ponytail. Tired eyes stared back at me, I miss Stephen already.

As I walked out of the bathroom I pulled my phone from my pocket.

Hey, what are you up too?

I send it before I could change my mind. I feel like I'm bothering him when I text him so much, but he doesn't seem to mind. Only this time he didn't reply making my heart drop to my stomach.

I walked down the sweets aisle scanning the rows of chocolates and other sweets. Stopping in front of it I frowned. Which one shall I choose?

            "The Oreo one taste amazing." Someone spoke from behind me.

My body tensed, I gave him a stiff nod, not saying anything or giving him any reason to talk to me. Though he didn't seem to get the message.

           "I wonder which flavour my girlfriend would like? Maybe I should ask her?" The last part he mumbled more to himself than to me.

I muttered something I hope sounded friendly before walking to the end of the aisle. My phone pinged just before I could turn into the next aisle, making my movement slow.

What type of chocolates do you like?

What the hell? This is so fucking freaky. First that dude talks about chocolates and his girlfriend and now Stephen ask me this.

Aren't you going to say hello to me baby?

Slowly I turned around my heartbeat increasing. Stephen stood where I stood a few minutes ago.

            "Stephen!"

I flung myself at him wrapping my arms and legs around him. He's here! His lips brushed against my neck, one arm wrapping around my waist and to other under my butt.

            "Did you miss me baby?"

I nod pulling back to look at him. His eyes locked with mine, smile widening as he stared at me.

          "What are you doing here?" I frowned down at him questions filling my head.

          "I promised you I'd find a way to spend your birthday with you." His lips caught mine.

I moaned pressing myself tighter against him. I can feel his hardening length pressing against my core.

           "You do realize you're standing in the middle of a shop with families around you."

Pulling his lips from mine he lowered me to the floor but kept my body pressed against his. I glanced over my shoulder.

Nathan and Kate walked towards us. He's carrying a red basket with some stuff in it. Kate walked slightly behind him with a bright pink blush on her cheeks.

           "Didn't you say you needed some shit?" Stephen asked his brother with a hard edge to his voice.

My eyes caught Kate's, she smirked at me. I can feel my cheeks heating. I turned my face into Stephen's chest breathing in his scent.

            "If you've gotten everything, let's hit the road then."