Chapter Forty Four

THE BED DIPPED SLIGHTLY, a few seconds later his body warmth left my back. I groaned slowly turning onto my back opening my eyes to look at him. Stephen walked into the bathroom exiting a few seconds later before walking to the closet.

He dressed silently in his uniform strapping on his belt before turning. Hesitating slightly he walked towards the bed, sitting down on the edge next to me. Another groan left my lips as the bed dipped because of his weight.

             "What's wrong?" Stephen asked softly reaching over to turn on the bedside lamp. "Jesus, you're fucking pale."

My lips pulled up into a small smile. "Just feeling a little nauseous."

His brows furrowed, eyes filling with concern. Lifting a hand he placed it on my forehead then trailed it down to my cheek.

            "Want me to stay and work from home?" He asked softly eyes locking with mine.

I shook my head giving him a small smile. I don't want him to miss work, it's nothing serious. After asking a few times if I need anything he finally stood. Kissing my forehead he gave me a lingering look before switching off the lamp. My eyes followed him as he walked out of the room closing the door softly.

A few minutes passed before I heard the police cruiser pulling out of the driveway. I laid still for a few more seconds before slowly sitting up. The room spun making my stomach turn. Squeezing my eyes close I sucked in a shaky breath, trying to force everything back to normal.

Once my stomach had calmed and the room wasn't spinning anymore, I stood. My knees shook and it took everything in me to walk to the bathroom. I've started my period two days ago, it hurts more than usual. The bleeding is faint, spotty bleeding like they said.

I've searched it on google, they said that sometimes it's common to have your period even after getting pregnant.

Pulling down my pants and panties I sat down on the toilet my eyes dropping to the pad. Instead of it being dark red like usual, it's a watery red. What's wrong? I took a hot shower feeling slightly better when the hot water got rid of some of the pain.

After getting dressed in a pair of sweats and one of Stephen's T-shirt I grabbed a pillow making my way downstairs. Dropping the pillow onto the couch I walked into the kitchen. I made myself a cup of tea then filled a hot water bottle.

Taking a sip of the tea I placed it on the coffee table laying down on the couch. Placing the warm water bottled on my lower stomach I switched on the TV. I relaxed forcing myself to concentrate on the TV instead of the pain. The nausea just seem to intensify with every passing second.

I must have fallen asleep because when I opened my eyes again the sun is already high up in the sky. The TV has been switch off, a blanket thrown over me. Throwing it off my body, I slowly sat up swallowing the lump in my throat. Placing the warm water bottle aside I slowly stood.

          "Hey, you're awake." Nathan entered through the backdoor. "Are you okay?"

I'm about to nod when my legs gave way beneath me making me and I sink to the floor. A pained cry fell from my lips as a sharp pain flashed through my abdomen.

           "Alia." Nathan cupped my cheek forcing my unfocused eyes on him. "Hey!"

          "Stephen." I whispered gripping his arm.

The world around me is spinning dangerously, my stomach turning. Nathan picked me up carrying me outside, he placed me in the car. Pulling the seatbelt over me he said something that didn't make sense.

He climbed in next to me reversing out of the parking lot.

           "Stay with me sweetheart." Nathan said squeezing my hand before letting go.

I slowly turned my head to the side watching as he dialed a number pressing the phone to his ear. A few minutes later he pulled the phone away frowning down at it.

           "Fucking dumbass, why do you have a phone if you don't answer it!" He yelled angrily slamming his hand on the steering wheel.

I giggled, I've never seen him angry before. Nathan has always been a laid back goofball. From the time I've met him till now.

          "Oh, you think that's funny?" He glanced at me slowing the car as the light turned red. "It won't be funny when I fucking kick his ass."

Pulling my legs up to my chest I moaned out in pain. This isn't normal, why is this happening. What's happening? Am I loosing the baby? I can't loose the baby!

The world faded as everything around me darkened.

When I opened my eyes again we weren't in the car anymore. Nathan is carrying me into the hospital. I stared up at him as he yelled something. A few seconds later a nurse appeared glancing down at me.

I closed my eyes again allowing my head to drop against his shoulder. A few minutes later my eyes flickered open again as I'm lowered onto a hard bed. More people surrounded us dressed in blue scrubs and white coats.

They talked but I heard nothing. It's like my ears are blocked only a faint sound of ringing heard. My eyes moved to the ceiling, watching the lights pass as I'm rolled down the hall. I want Stephen. Where's Stephen?

Why is the pain so bad?

           "Hey Alia, can you hear me?" A woman hovered above me giving me a kind smile. "Alia?"

          "Y-yes." I croaked out licking my cracked lips.

          "On a scale of one to ten, how bad is the pain?"

         "Ten." I closed my eyes letting out a cry as someone pressed down on my lower abdomen.

         "Does it hurt here?" Another voice asked the pressure shifting to the left.

Bile rose in my throat as the pain intensified. Please stop.

          "Alia?"

        "Yes." I clutched the sheets tears streaming down my cheeks.

Where's Stephen?

________________

Edited by Evil_Doll_04

What do you think is happening?

How will her parents react?

Why isn't Stephen answering his phone?