DELETED & EXTRAS

Chapter Twenty- one

Chapter Twenty- one

“Alia!”

My body jerked which caused me to loose my momentum and slip underneath the water. I swallowed a mouth full of water as my head slipped under the water. Panic hit me full force. I knew it was only making it worse but I couldn't stop it.

My eyes were burning and my limps felt like lead as I tried to push myself back to the surface. Something closed around my arm. I screamed jerking but it only seemed to tighten even more.

I'm loosing oxygen. Black dots appeared in my vision and slowly everything started to fade.

***

“Fuck Alia breath! Come on baby breathe for me.”

Something pressed against my chest. My lungs burned. Voices echoed around me. From far away my senses started to return. The voices were drowned out by intense ringing. I started coughing, water filled my mouth making me choke.

“That's it baby,” Stephen's voice reached my ears.

Someone turned me onto my side as more water filled my mouth. My lungs were burning and my body ached. Cold hands cubed my cheeks.

“Open those beautiful eyes for me baby.”

I blinked rapidly and then slowly opened my burning eyes. Stephen was hovering above me dripping wet. Behind him Nathan stood looking extremely worried. I glanced to my right to find Sebastian kneeling there.

My eyes darted back to Stephen and that's when it hit me. I almost drowned. I couldn't died.

“Shh baby,” Stephen whispered. “I've got you.”

“S-Stephen,” I managed to croak out.

“I got you baby,” he repeated.

I pressed my face against his chest as he pulled me against him. He said something to Nathan before standing with me in his arms. The events repeated in my head as he walked towards the house. Apart from my lungs burning and my body aching, I could feel the dull throb of my arm where I was gripped and pulled deeper into the water. Why did he call me? Was it Stephen? Who called me?

Stephen carried me up the stairs and straight into my bedroom. He walked onto the bathroom and stepped into the shower. Lowering me gently to my feet, he reached past me for the valves. Seconds later warm water started beating down on us.

“What happened?” I glanced up at him. “One minute you were floating and the next you were gone.”

Swallowing, I winced as the action burned my throat. “You called me.”