Chapter Eleven

KATE ARRIVED EXACTLY HALF an hour later with little Derrick. I opened the door to them surprised when she flung herself at me.

             "Oh my gosh. I heard what happened, are you okay? What happened to your face?" Kate frowned down at me her eyes searching mine.

             "I'm okay, and it's a long story." I smiled stiffly glancing down at Derrick. "Hey buddy!"

              "Ali!" He held up his chubby arms waiting for me to pick him up.

Placing him on my hip I stood aside waiting for Kate to enter before closing the door. I walked over to the living room sitting down on the couch.

             "Want to watch a movie?" I asked Derrick softly, he nodded.

Switching on the TV I searched the channels until I found Nickelodeon. I glanced at Kate surprised to find her standing there awkwardly. Telling Derrick to stay there I placed him on the couch I walked over to Kate.

Stephen appeared then glancing at Kate then at me.

             "Uu, Kate this is Stephen, Stephen my friend Kate." I introduced softly feeling completely awkward.

We walked out onto the patio taking a seat at a wooden table. Kate sat opposite me while Stephen slid in after me.

I stayed silent as Kate explained everything. After that she and Stephen talked about the plan, what they are going to do.

             "I think it would be best if the two of you stay here for the night." Stephen said softly making her eyes snap up.

             "I can't do that-"

           "Do you live alone?"

           "No I live with my mother." Kate broke off her shoulders slumping.

              "Do you want to put her, and your son in danger if something goes wrong?" His voice is soft, filled with understanding but his eyes are hard.

            "I'll keep an close eye on Derrick." I spoke up for the first time in minutes. "I've watched him before."

              "That was an entire different thing, I was with you in the house." Kate glance at her son still watching TV.

            "Nathan, my brother, will be here with them. Nothing will happen."

__________________

NATHAN ARRIVED AN HOUR before they had to leave. He gave us a bright goofy smile and a handshake.

Derrick was instantly attached to his side, much to Kate's dismay. I glanced at her my lips twitching as I saw her glaring at them. Nathan sat to the left with Derrick on his lap watching some Avengers movie.

My phone pinged making me frown. Pulling it from my pocket I unlocked it reading the message from Kate.

Where did you meet this guy?

Biting my lip I debated on just lying to her, but decided against it.

He answered the add...

I pushed my phone back into my jeans pocket.

              "Alia Julie Dune!"

Not a second later she dragged me out onto the patio by my arm. Sliding the glass door closed she turned to glare at me arms crossed.

              "Are you fucking insane?"

I shrugged turning my back to her. "You needed help so I went to the only person I knew would help me."

             "You mean the person that will be using you for sex, let me rephrase that. The man that is paying you to-"

             "Kate!" Spinning around I narrowed my eyes at her. "I'm helping you! That's all you need to know about us, me and Stephen. I asked him for the money and he agreed to help."

              "Just like that?" Her green eyes are calculating, worried."

             "Just like that."

My eyes moved behind her. Stephen entered the living room saying something to his brother before looking towards us.

              "Is he blackmailing you?"

My eyes snapped back to hers, I smiled at her. He's doesn't hit me as the kind of guy that will use blackmail. He's still a stranger Alia.

              "No, Kate. Stephen is not blackmailing me." My smile dropped as the concern started filling me. "All I've been thinking about when I asked him is you. You and Derrick is all that worries me right now. Later when this is done and you're safe I'll worry about me."

            "Alia-" Kate stepped forward concern flashing through her catlike green eyes.

I shook my head giving her a sad smile. I know what she wants to say, she always says the same thing.

            "We can talk later okay?" I said softly turning around again. "You need to get ready."

            "I'm actually kind of scared." Kate said from next to me. "I hope this works, if something is to happen to Derrick.."

Giving her hand a squeeze I gave her an encouraging smile. "Nothing will happen to him, or you. Stephen is pretty sure this plan will work. If it doesn't work I'll make sure he will pay."

             "I'll keep you to that."

With a squeak I span around eyes widening when I saw Stephen leaning casually in the doorway. His eyes trailed slowly over me before locking with mine.

              "Mind if I talk with Alia?" He asked Kate briefly glancing at her.

Kate send me a hard glare but walked into the house leaving us alone. Stephen straightened sliding the door closed before making his way over to me.

My heartbeat increased, palms starting to sweat. Stopping a few inches from me his eyes locked with mine.

           "I'll bring your friend home safely, I promise."

         "You better!" I narrowed my eyes at him making him chuckle. "W-what if it doesn't w-work?"

Reaching up he moved a strand of hair from my face, his fingertips slowly trailing over my cheek. Stopping at my jaw he frowned, I know he's staring at the dark bruise.

           "Stephen..."

           "If you need anything just tell Nathan, he'll get it for you." He ignored me hand dropping. "You can make yourself at home."

Stephen took another step forward making my chest brush his. His lips trailed against the skin of my forehead, barely touching.

I closing my eyes I gave out a sigh. "Please be careful."

              "I will." He smiled. "I'm getting payment for it after all."

With a wink he turned walking back into the house. Nodding at his brother he walked towards the front door.

My shoulders slumped as I watched them disappear.