Chapter Forty Six

STEPHEN

PATRICK AND TYLER ARRIVED half an hour later, both in a state of panic. I told them everything I know about Alia, which wasn't much. I feel like my head is about to explode with unanswered questions. I've asked numerous times, yet all they say is I should wait for her doctor.

I'm sick of fucking waiting! I want to know what's happening with my Alia. With my baby.

Running a shaky hand through my hair I leaned back against the wall. My eyes locked with Patrick's, they are filled in concern, not only for Alia but also for his wife. I licked my dry lips pushing myself up. I ran another agitated hand through my hair pacing back and forth.

Why the fuck aren't they saying anything.

"Where is she?" The words echoed around the hall. "Where's my daughter?"

Spinning around my eyes fell on Alia's mother racing towards us. Emma followed silently behind her. My eyes moved past them falling on Michael that is carrying Sam. I swallowed glancing at Patrick then at Tyler.

"She's in surgery." Patrick said softly sitting up. "We don't know anything else."

She nods taking a seat next to Tyler. Emma walked towards me eyes filled with unshed tears. Giving her a small smile I wrapped my arms around her pulling her in for a hug.

"You're sister is going to be fine." I whispered before pulling back.

She nods walking over to her mother. My eyes moved to Michael, briefly locking with his before dropping.

Her family is here, she has to be okay.

__________________

MY HEAD SNAPPED UP as the doctor approached. Standing I met her halfway eyes catching hers in question.

"Alia is fine."

My shoulders sagged, a relieved breath falling from my lips. She's okay. My baby is okay. Patrick clapped a hand on my shoulder giving me a small smile.

"Do you know what happened that caused this?"

She glanced between us, her eyes fell on Emma before moving to us.

"I would like to talk to her parents." The doctor looked back at me. "And the father of her child."

"I'll stay with the kids." Michael said softly not bothering to look at any of us.

Swallowing the harsh words I wanted to utter I followed the doctor and Alia's mom. A few minutes later we stepped into a small but cozy office. The door closed behind us, the doctor gesturing to the chairs in front of the desk.

"These cases are rare, and sometimes it can be dangerous if not detected at an early stage." She paused moving some papers around before looking at us. "You were aware that she is pregnant?"

"Yes." I nod hands fidgeting nervously.

"Alia had, what you would call, an ectopic pregnancy. It's when the fertilized egg doesn't move down to the uterus. There are four types of ectopic pregnancies. Alia had an Ovarian ectopic pregnancy, the egg.." She paused again looking for the right words.

"The egg got fertilized in her Ovary."

My head snapped to the side eyes falling on her mom. Her eyes caught mine briefly before dropping to her lap.

"Yes." The doctor drew my attention to her. "If this was detected earlier there would have been no need for surgery."

"What happened?" I spoke up looking at her in confusion.

"The ovary ruptured because it couldn't expand to hold the fetus. That is what caused her symptoms including the bleeding and pain."

Bleeding? She was bleeding and she didn't tell me? If she had said something I would have made an appointment at the doctor. It's something I should have done the moment she told me she's pregnant.

"Will she be able to get pregnant again?" I asked softly, my stomach turning.

The doctor nodded giving me a small smile. "Yes, the damage wasn't too bad to cause permanent damage. Though it will take some time for her to heal."

There is nothing more to say or ask her so I stayed silent. Her mother asked a few more questions.

"Can I see her?"

"Of course, but not for long. I'll have one of the nurses come get you when Alia has been settled."

I left the office making my way outside. The cool air hit my skin making suck in a shaky breath. She's okay, but the baby isn't. Our baby. Leaning against the wall I slowly sank down sitting on my hunches. Why is it when the baby was there I was scared shitless wishing that she wasn't pregnant, but now. Now I have this empty void inside me. My heart is cracked because I lost my baby. Something that would have kept Alia glued to my side, now there is nothing.

No baby.

Nothing.

"Hey."

I straightened turning my back towards Patrick as he walked towards me. Pinching the bridge of my nose I sucked in a deep breath before turning to face him.

"The nurse said you can see her now." He said softly glancing around.

"Thanks." I nod moving to step around him but he caught my arm.

"Look, I don't know you good enough to judge you, but I've come to know you." He paused dropping his hand from my arm. "I don't know what your intentions are with Alia, but I do know that you weren't happy about the baby."

"What are you implying?" I asked him having had enough of his strange words.

I want to see Alia. I don't want to waste another minute that I could be by her.

"Are you going to dump her now that there is no baby?"

I laughed shaking my head. Without bothering to answer him I walked towards the entrance. Again he stopped me.

"Alia is not like those other whores you use to date. She's soft, and kind and-"

"I have no intention of leaving Alia." My eyes caught his before dropping to his hand on my arm. "Not that it is any of your business."

Entering the hospital I walked down the hall. My eyes fell on Tyler, I didn't hesitate to ask for the needed information. A few minutes later I stood in front of her door. I hesitated only briefly before opening it and stepping inside.

My heartbeat increased as my eyes fell on her. She's connected to various wires, the machine peeping steadily as her chest rose and fell.

"Hi baby."

____________________

Happy birthday to me!

I'm twenty 0_0

Damn I'm getting old

^^
°×°

Meow