BONUS CHAPTER

STEPHEN

MY EYES FOLLOWED ALIA as she made her way up the stairs. Once I'm sure she's out of sight I turn to face my aunt. She gave a pointed stare at Sebastian which made him role is eyes.

He walked outside closing the door softly behind him.

         "We've got word about your father."

I wince my eyes narrowing. "I don't like you addressing him as my father. You know he's a sick fucking bastard."

           "I know. You may think like that but the fact still stands, he is blood related to you."

Shaking my head I turned my back to her. I ran a hand through my hair sucking in a shaky breath. Just thinking about him makes me want to punch something. Fuck!

          "He was released two days ago."

My heartbeat escalated. Breathing speeding up as a sickening feeling of dread and fear started to fill me.

          "Stephen."

I shook my head taking a step away from her. "Where is he?"

          "He's heading home." She paused. "Nothing is going to happen, as long as you give him no reason to attack, then he can't do anything."

          "Easier said than done." I turned slowly my eyes falling on her.

Iris frowned mouth open and then closing before her face cleared.

         "Your friend?" She glanced to the stairs shaking her head. "God Stephen! How can you be so stupid?"

I took a seat at the table dropping my face onto my hands. Letting out a loud groan I looked up at the ceiling.

          "It was never suppose to happen." I swallowed before lowering my eyes to look at her. "I was just.. We were just suppose to fuck and then end things."

           "And you got attached." Her voice is dry. "You know how to play the game, you've been doing this for years. What changed?"

I smiled. "Alia."

Iris blinked her lips pressing in a thin line. Her eyes flashed with anger and something unknown. Shaking her head she knocked on the sliding door before walking over to her bag.

          "Get rid of the girl Stephen, or do you want her to suffer the same death your sister did?"

Sebastian entered the house giving me a stiff nod before following my aunt out the front door. The door slammed shut behind them making my shoulders sag. My father has been released from jail, two years earlier. He was suppose the be locked up for his life, for twenty years.

How the hell has that happened?

I made sure that there is enough evidence to keep him locked up till his death.

Money pays fucking everything.

______________

NATHAN SAT ACROSS FROM me eating his burger and fries silently. Grabbing the ketchup I added some over my fries, then did the same with the mustard.

Eating some fries I looked up at him. He's already studying me with a smirk.

          "What the fuck you looking at?"

Chuckling he shook his head. "I never took you for one to fall in love."

I rolled my eyes at him taking a sip of my drink. "Never took you for one to fuck the enemy."

Nathan flushed bright red eyes dropping to the plate. He said nothing, mouth full with fries. Once he has swallowed the food he looked up at me, lips pulling up into a smirk.

         "Can't help it. Kate knows how to suck dick."

I grimaced, the food in my mouth suddenly tasting like cardboard. Why the hell did he need to bring up that fucking image? It makes me want to puke imagining my brother and that bitch together.

          "I don't like her."

         "Was that before or after you slept with her?"

        "Don't remind me." Finishing the last bite of my burger I pushed my plate away. "Biggest mistake I've ever made."

Sleeping with Kate is something I've regretted since the moment I met Alia. Kate was a drunken mistake.

A few weeks after moving to this town, Nathan and I decided to go out. I met Kate at a bar, by that time I was already drunk off my fucking ass. I saw a hot red head and my dick reacted. Next thing I know, I woke up in bed with her next to me. Thank god I made sure to use a condom.

Then I met her once Alia introduced us. I thought that bitch is going to tell her that we fuck, but she didn't. She act like we've never met and I followed her lead.

Yet the night we went in to pay the money to the so called bastard, she came onto me. I'm not going to lie. Kate is a sexy girl, but she's not my type. Not anymore.

Alia is mine. A small smile made its way onto my lips. My Alia. She's mine in every way.

My mind trailed back to our first time. My smile brightening. It wasn't exactly as I've planned it to be, but she didn't seem to mind.

         "Soo."

I blinked at my brother realizing he has finished his food and is staring at me. I frowned at him.

         "What?"

         "I was wondering if you'll be coming with me this weekend?" His eyes trailed around the diner before falling on me again. "To visit mom."

         "No."

        "Stephen."

Standing I threw money onto the table turning to walk away. I paused glancing at him over my shoulder.

         "She's not my mother, you know that. So don't expect me to address her as such." Swallowing our eyes locked. "She's sick and she will never change."

I didn't wait for his reply. Pushing open the door I stepped out into the cool air. My eyes moved around, narrowing, I feel like someone is watching me. Shaking off the feeling I walked towards my car, I got in starting the car.

My phone pinged. Opening the message, I smiled as I read Alia's words. Texting a quick reply I pulled out of the parking lot. A few minutes later I pulled to a stop in front of the jewelry shop.

It took a while to decide, but I finally found the perfect ring.

I'm going to propose to my girlfriend.