EPILOGUE

“Just breath.”

“If you tell me to do that one more time, I’ll kill you,” I breathed.

I groaned as I gripped the steel bar in front of the window tightly. Another contraction started. Emily stood next to me rubbing my back. Once the contraction passed, I sucked in a deep breath.

“I’m never getting pregnant again.”

She laughed. “You say that now. It’s like someone saying they’ll never drink alcohol again. Until temptation strikes.”

“I hate you.”

“I love you too babe.” Emily wrapped an arm around my waist and slowly walked with me.

Walking was suppose to help. I should probably tell you exactly what had happened which landed me in this situation. Stephen and I talked and he stated that he wasn’t ready to start a family yet. He wanted us to spend some more time together, so I agreed. A year and a half into our marriage an accident happened. We were so focused on each other that we forgot the condom.

I freaked out when I realized I was pregnant. I cried when I told him. I was a fucking mess and all he did was smile. He smiled and then laughed at me, but he had assured me that he was happy. It wasn’t until we found out weeks later that I was pregnant, that he started to freak.

“How are things going in here?” I turned to face the woman who entered. She was short with greying hair and pale skin.

“The contractions are getting closer. About ten minutes apart,” Emily said softly.

“You’ll have your babies in your arms in no time Mrs. Daniels.”

“Is my husband here yet?”

“No, but I’m sure he’ll get here soon.”

Time passed quickly. The contractions were closer together, and then came the time when I felt like pushing. Emily was by my side.

“You can push when I tell you to,” the doctor said softly from between my legs.

I squeezed my eyes shut as I tried to keep my breathing even. A second later the door burst open and Stephen appeared by my side.

“Sorry I’m late baby.”

“This is your fault,” I managed to get through clenched teeth. “If you hadn’t stuck your dick in me, I wouldn’t be here!”

Emily started laughing. I caught the glare Stephen sent her. He took my hand and gently moved the hair back.

His eyes caught mine. “It takes two to tango baby.”

***

Stephen sat silently in the chair. He clutched my hand with his. His head was tilted back against the chair and his eyes were close, but I knew he wasn’t sleeping. After hours of labour our babies were born. A boy and a girl. I turned my head when there was a soft knock on the door. It opened seconds later to reveal two nurses. Each with a crying baby in their arms.

“Sorry to bother. These two are hungry.”

I smiled as I pushed myself up. Stephen helped me sit up and then lean back against the pillows. My cheeks heated when I lowered the gown. My baby girl was handed over to me. I gently guided her mouth to my nipple. She instantly latched onto it. My son was another story. With the help of the nurse he finally started drinking. I stared down at them in amazement and some sadness.

“What are you thinking about baby?”

I glanced up at Stephen. He was standing at the edge of the bed with his eyes focused on me. Or should I say my chest.

“I was thinking about the baby,” I said softly. “It’s been years since-“

“She was adopted,” he said. “A few weeks after staying at social services a couple adopted her. I made sure they were fit to look after her.”

“And you said you wouldn’t make a good father.”

He shrugged, dropping his eyes to my chest again. Stephen shifted slightly and then reached down.

“Are you getting turned on right now?”

He smirked. “I can’t help it baby. You look so sexy with our babies suckling on you tits. I never thought I’d see this day.”

“They’re beautiful,” I said as I glanced down at our babies.
“Just like their mother.”

I rolled my eyes at him. Stephen chuckled as he walked around the bed. He took a seat on the edge of the bed and stared down at them.

“I need to finish the paperwork so we need to give them names.”

“I was thinking we could name her Ophelia,” I said softly.

“It fits her,” he muttered. Stephen reached out and stroked her cheek softly. His attention moved to his son. “How about we name you Thomas?” he asked softly. “Thomas Daniels.”

Stephen leaned forward and brushed his lips across mine. One of his hands cupped my cheek. He leaned his forehead against mine.

“Thank you for making me the happiest man on earth Mrs. Alia Daniels.”

“Believe me Mr. Daniels, the pleasure is all mine.”