CHAPTER SEVENTY

ALIA

I SUCKED IN A nervous breath as I stared at myself in the floor length mirror. The dress is simple but elegant, with a sweetheart neckline and long lace sleeves. My breast are cover my thicker lace designed in different patterns. There's a slid in the front that starts about mid thigh. The dress is long dragging slightly on the floor. It was my mothers dress, some things had to be changed, but thankfully not much. It closes at the back with small, bead like buttons, about fifty of them.

My hair is tied up in a complicated up do that took about two hours to finish. Tyler did my makeup, light and natural.

"Okay, ladies. It's time." My aunt entered the room clapping her hands. "Let's go."

I turned watching as the girls walked out of the room followed by my aunt. My eyes moved to Tyler that stood there grinning like a maniac.

"I can't believe my baby sis is getting married!" She squealed stepping closer. "Are you nervous?"

"A little." I admitted giving her a sheepish smile. "Do you think he came?"

Her smile dropped slightly, eyes darkening in anger. She's not very happy about the fact that I have invited my real father. I figured that after everything that has happened that life is to short. He deserve a second chance just like I gave dad.

"It's time sweetheart." My dad spoke up from the doorway snapping our attention to him.

Giving my sister one last small smile I followed my father out of the room and into the hall. One of the bridesmaids handed me my boutique of light pink flowers. Someone pulled the veil over my head to cover my face.

With another shaky breath I placed my hand into the crook of my dad's arm. He gave me an encouraging smile as everyone got into position. The song started playing, the doors opening. My dad squeezed my hand making some of the tension leave my body.

I followed his lead, our steps slow as we stepped into the church. My eyes trailed around taking in our friends and family. I didn't see the man I'm looking for, which made my heart sink slightly. But then my eyes moved to the front, my stomach turning for a whole different reason.

My heart beat increased with every step we took. Closer and closer to Stephen.

He cleaned up well, I got to give it to him. His hair is combed back neatly and face clean shaven. The suit fits him perfectly, it looks like it was tailor made for him.

My eyes moved back up to his face, lips pulling up into a smile. His green eyes are completely focused on me, lips pulled up into a bright smile. He reached up pinching the bridge of his nose, his eyes dropping for a few seconds.

Reaching the alter my dad handed me over to him before moving to his seat. Stephen squeezed my hand turning to the priest.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to join these two in holy matrimony."

The rest of his words are lost to me. I can only focus of his thumb stroking the back of my hand. We haven't had sex in six weeks and it's killing me. After his proposal we ended up having sex in the car, and almost everyday after that. I've manage to pick up more weight thanks to him and his amazing cooking skills.

A tug on my hand snapped me back to earth. Stephen turned around and I followed looking up at him. He reached up slowly lifting the veil from my face.

"Your vows."

I suck in a shaky breath gripping his hand tighter. Our eyes lock.

"I give you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, to stand by your side in good times and in bad, to share your joy as well as your sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals and dreams, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, to share my hopes and dreams with you, and bring you solace in times of need... And to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."