CHAPTER TWO

School.

Buildings filled with thousands of students, where academical things were pumped into our brain. Things I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be using at all once we finish school. It's the one place I used to love but now hated. Not because of my father, but because of the bullying. It was even worse there than it was in public places. Reporting it to the teachers wouldn't help. My parents would be called and that would make my dad even more disappointed in me.

No, I couldn't risk that at all. It's a new school year and hopefully, it wouldn't be so bad. I've learned to ignore the rude comments and the stares from them. Besides, this year was going to be hard. Last year our teachers wouldn't stop stressing on the fact that this year was important. I watched my brother go through this, I definitely knew what to expect.

I let out a low grown as I followed the line of traffic. I switched on my flicker to turn into the school yard. In front of me were three other cars, one car was blasting music pretty loudly. I wondered how much my friends had changed.

Delilah left for Puerto Rico last year on the day school closed; apparently she had some family over there that she wanted to visit.

Kate went to visit her father with her son. And Dane, Dane just did what we did every year after the school closed.

I parked my car in a free space before grabbing my bag from the passenger seat. Getting out of the car, I made sure to lock it. I pulled my skirt down to make sure my new uniform was spotless before pulling my school bag onto my back. Smiling at some students I knew, I made my way back to the gate where I would wait for my friends.

This has been our routine since the two school joined. There were originally two high schools in this town. I'm not really sure why they did it, but they decided to join the schools together four years ago. That's how I met Kate.

A bubbly green eyed red head with a body to die for. She was a few inches taller than me with a thin waist and long legs. Kate was pretty much down to earth. She's not one for violence and would steer clear of it. Don't get me wrong, she would fight if she had to, but she preferred not to.

"Alia!"

My head snapped up, lips pulling into a smile as I saw Delilah walking towards me. Her slim body was dressed in the usual lime green and white uniform.

Only the last year students got to wear the white pullover and sweater. Her blond hair was tied up in some complicated hairstyle and her brown eyes were focused on me. She was absolutely gorgeous and she knew that.

"How was your holiday?" I asked softly, pulling her in for a hug.

She dropped her bag, rolling her eyes at me. "Amazing! The guys, the food I loved everything especially the guys! Damn they certainly know how to entertain a girl in bed."

"Okay," I exclaimed, with heated cheeks before she could say anything else. "Glad you enjoyed it."

"I don't need to ask how your holiday was, by the look of things nothing had changed."

I frowned at her but was saved from saying anything else when Kate arrived. She was sending us both a wide smile. Kate was the proud mom of a beautiful three year old little boy. Long story short, she got drunk and slept with a stranger then ended up pregnant.

We talked about everything that happened while Delilah was away as we waited for Dane to arrive. He stepped through the gates just as the bell rang.

Hugging each of us he glanced at me for a second longer but said nothing. One of the teachers appeared, urging us to hurry along for the assembly on the bleachers. We dropped our bags off at one of the classrooms then followed the flow of students.

"Hey I got to go to the bathroom first," Kate suddenly said, tugging my arm.

"Me too,” I spoke up. "Save us a seat."

We changed direction, heading for the buildings instead. Kate hooked her arm through mine as we walked. She seemed happier than normal which concerned me. It's the first day of school, what the hell was she so happy about? Reaching one of the container bathrooms, we entered. Kate instantly entered a stall while I leaned against the wall. I stared at the ceiling while I waited for her to finish.

“We have a new cop in town,” she said as she opened the door, “and I tapped that!”

“What?” I pushed myself off the wall, stepping out of the bathroom.

Kate walked out behind me, letting out a low laugh. “Your dad is chief of police, didn't he tell you about the new deputy that arrived in town?”

I shook my head, she spoke again before I could utter a word.

“Fuck! You should've seen him Alia. His body is to die for. He's covered in tattoos!”

“So?” I asked softly. “What does that have to do with me?”

“You're such a prude! I had sex with him, and damn. He certainly knows how to make a girl explode over and over-”

“Shut up Kate!” I turned to glare at her. “I really don't want to hear about your nightly escapades. Okay?"

“Jeez Alia! You-”

“What are you girls doing here? The opening is about to start,” a teacher called from a couple of yards away.

I span around making my way towards the bleachers. She could talk to Delilah about it; she also enjoyed having sex with random strangers. They could share their stories over a damn cup of tea.

Why does she always have to tell me about it? I didn't understand what the fuss was about anyway. What's so great in having sex with a stranger?

“I'm sorry Alia,” Kate said, as she appeared by my side. “You're my best friend and I just wanted to share some highlights of my summer with you.”

“I know. I just don't want to hear about your sex life anymore. Hearing it from Delilah is enough.”

Kate laughed but said nothing as she led me towards the seats that were saved by our friends.