baby bump

a/n: the sequel you've all been asking for!!

they'd been trying for a few months now to get pregnant. almost every day, they'd come home from work and jump into bed, hoping that it would work.

Nini woke up that morning before her husband. it was just barely 5am but she was wide awake-she didn't feel so good. slowly, she rolls out of her sleeping husbands arms, trying not to wake him as she sneaks out of bed.

she tiptoes across the room, one hand on her stomach as she prays for her nausea to go away. it's only a few seconds later that she sprinting to rid her stomach of last nights dinner. she leans her head against the wall as she sits on the floor, tears brimming in her eyes. she hated being sick.

"Neens? you okay sweetie?"

the brunette glances at the bathroom door, seeing her husband leaning in the doorway. her arms thrust out as he walks further in the room, settling down on the floor next to her and pulling her to his chest.

Ricky is warm and comforting as she lays her head on his chest. one of his hands gently rubs her back with the other brushes her hair back.

"did you get sick?"

Nini nods, pulling away from his chest to look at him, "i think that this might be it."

they share a silent moment together, their eyes searching each other's.

"do you think you're pregnant?" he asks, his index finger tracing her cheek bone gently.

she shrugs a little, "maybe? i don't know, i haven't been feeling my best the past few days but i'm still a week away from my period so i'm not sure cause i haven't missed one yet."

he nods, taking a deep breath, "okay, we'll figure this out. do we have any tests left?"

"no, i used them all. i'm gonna have to go to the store. i don't think i should go to work, just incase i'm not actually pregnant and i have the flu or something."

Ricky gets up off the floor, pulling his wife up too. they make their way back to bed, "come on, cuddle with me before i have to leave for work?"

Nini nods, climbing back into bed, curling up in his arms as she falls back asleep. they're awakened by Ricky's alarm going off at 6:30 am to tell him to get up and get ready. he leaves his wife in the bed, starting his morning routine with a kiss to her forehead. she calls in to work from their bed while he gets ready, stating she was sick.

she packs his lunch for him and meets him at the door, saying goodbye with a kiss and a promise to keep him updated. she watches him head off to East High, another day of teaching. she goes about getting ready herself. she can't help but stare in the mirror a little longer, trying to see if anything looks different.

her mind is running a hundred miles an hour while she drives to the pharmacy, haphazardly parking and making her way inside. she looks above at the signs that hang over the aisles, heading into the family planning one. she thinks how ironic it is that she's been here so many times since high school to buy condoms and now she was looking at pregnancy tests.

the young woman bites her lip as she stands in the aisle, her arms crossed over her chest as she looks at all her options.

"first one?"

she perks up at the voice, spotting a slightly older woman standing a few feet away, holding one of the very boxes she was currently looking at.

Nini blushes a little, "is it that obvious?"

the woman chuckles a bit, "a little. you just have this look about you. i'm Sarah." she holds her hand out.

"Nini." she shakes Sarah's hand before glancing back at the shelves full of boxes, "i have no idea what ones to get. my husband and i have been trying for a baby and i have a really good feeling that i'm finally pregnant. i want to be absolutely positive with this test so i want one that's clear and easy to read."