auditions (j•o)

Olivia couldn't sleep the night before. she was too excited-scratch that-too nervous. she wanted to take on a new project and she really wanted it to be this one! a tv show based on High School Musical, literally something she's been waiting for basically her whole life.

she got up before the sun was even shining, making sure that she was prepared to the fullest extent. she got out of bed, quickly brushing her teeth before moving to her closet to find something to wear. after almost half an hour of throwing clothes around, she settled on a fluorescent pink skirt, a white graphic tee, and her light denim jacket. she ran a brush through her hair, deciding to leave it down, pushing a few strands behind her ears.

she quickly made her way downstairs, her mom already sitting in the kitchen. she went over to the fridge, grabbing her light pink hydro flask and moving to kiss her mom on the cheek.

"morning mom."

"Liv! you excited for your audition?"

the two chatted for a few minutes before Olivia got a text from her agent, saying she was in front of her house to pick her up. Olivia bid her mother goodbye and was out the door, grabbing her folder with her headshot and resume.

she was quiet the whole ride, too many thoughts were going through her head. as much as she wanted to be in this show, she didn't have the most extensive resume. the only things she's done have been her American Girl movie and Bizaardvark. she was grateful for the opportunity but she wasn't expecting much to come out of this audition.

when they arrived at the casting office, her manager dropped her off and wished her good luck. Olivia took a deep breath as she approached the sign in table. there was a woman sitting there with a clipboard.

"hi! i'm Olivia Rodrigo, i have an audition for the new High School Musical show."

the lady signed her in and sent her to the waiting room after handing her a script with her sides for her character. she didn't know anything about this show, the project was very secretive for a purpose. she only knew that she was auditioning for a character named 'Nini' and that she had two moms and was a total theatre nerd.

she looked around the room for an empty seat. there were so many girls of all ages and looks. she spotted her friend Nikki and went to sit by her.

Nikki glanced up when she saw Olivia coming to sit down, she was tuning her guitar, "hey! i didn't know you were auditioning?!"

Olivia smiled nervously, "yeah, it was a last minute thing. i've been looking for something new cause we just got the word that Bizaardvark isn't coming back for a fourth season so i'm looking for a new project."

the two girls chatted for a while, Nikki eventually being called in to the audition room. she came back after about 25 minutes, looking not too excited about things.

Olivia noticed the look on her friends face, "what happened?"

Nikki sighed, "eh, i don't think i'm really what they're looking for, they told me to stick around but i don't think they're gonna cast me. the guy and i didn't have much chemistry so i think that's why." she shrugged.

Olivia was about to ask her a question about this 'guy' but the production agent came out and called her into the room. Nikki wished her good luck as she walked to the casting room.

she walked in to see a few people sitting at a table with a video camera as well as a teenage boy sitting on top of one of the desks in the room. Olivia was so taken away with this boy that she almost forgot to introduce herself.

"hi! you're Olivia? i'm Tim Federle, i'm the creator of High School Musical: The Musical: The series! this is just a basic audition to see how you react to the lines and see how you work with our leading man here," Olivia glanced again to the boy who was now smiling at her, "this is Joshua Bassett, he's going to be playing Ricky. since Ricky and Nini are in a relationship in the show we figured that it would be best to have all of our potential Nini's read with him." Him smiled at the teen girl as she placed her resume and headshot down.