growing as we're going

a/n: ahhhh!! finally after a long, long, long time i'm so happy to give you all what you've been wanting!! this was so fun to write and i loved getting to glimpse into their lives together!! i hope you all enjoy!!

~~

Ricky opens the front door to their townhouse, gently guiding his new wife into the house. Nini coos at the sleeping bundle in her arms.

she slowly walks to the living room, sitting down on the couch, nestling the baby closer against her. the pink bundle lets out a tiny yawn, her arms stretching, "awe sweet Mollie, are you tired baby girl?"

the curly haired man watches from across the room, smiling lovingly at the sight in front of him. it's hard to believe watching the young mother that just nine short months ago, she was dreading having a baby, now their daughter was the greatest gift they'd ever received.

he approaches the couch slowly, sitting down next to his wife, "my two favorite girls." he says quietly, his finger rubbing his daughters cheek.

"she's perfect, i can't believe we made her."

they both gaze down at the tiny baby with the tuft of brown curls on her head. Ricky places a kiss to Nini's head, both of them leaning their heads together as they hold their daughter.

~~

Nini giggles as she watches Mollie crawl across the living room floor. she was almost nine months old but she was hitting all her markers right on time.

"babe! come look at her!"

Ricky comes running down the hallway, skidding to a stop as he watches his daughter crawl across the carpet and into his wife's arms. he claps excitedly, getting down on the ground next to them and holding his arms out for his daughter.

"great job baby! you're such a big girl already!"

the brunette watches as he sits the baby in his lap, her tiny chubby hands clapping as she imitated him. Nini leans up, pressing a sweet kiss to her husbands cheek.

"what was that for?" he asks, a wide smile on his face.

she shrugs, her hand rubbing against her daughters back as she looks up at him, "nothing, i just really love you."

"i really love you too."

~~

she runs a hand through her hair harshly as the baby cries in the other room. shes quickly trying to put together Mollie's bottle, but she can't find the top to it and she's digging through every cabinet, getting frustrated at all the childproof locks.

the little girl lets out a loud wail from the living room and Nini resists the urge to cry herself, "hold on Mol! mommy's coming!"

finally, she gets the bottle all together for her almost year old daughter, speed walking to the living room. she just about drops the bottle when she sees the little curly haired baby standing up.

"oh my god Mollie! hang on baby, hang on!" she calls out when she sees her daughter take a tentative step.

Nini rushes to set down the bottle, grabbing her phone as she starts to take a video, pointing her camera at the baby, "okay, come on sweet girl! come to mommy!"

Mollie takes a tentative step, wobbling just a bit as she steps, one foot after the other. Nini has tears in her eyes as she watches the child come closer and closer to her.

"mama!" the girl calls out as she falls into her mother's arms.

Nini lets out a few tears as she scoops the girl into her arms, "that's it baby! oh i'm so proud of you!"