loving you

Nini sighed as she closed the apartment door behind her. she'd had the longest day ever and she was exhausted. all she wanted to do was relax with Ricky by her side.

speaking of the boy, he came out from down the hall as she took off her coat by the door.

"hi baby." he said, pulling Nini against him, pressing a kiss to her softly.

Nini frowned slightly against the kiss. she was just so tired. Ricky pulled back, frowning as he held her face in his hands, his thumbs rubbing over her cheeks.

"what's wrong sweetie?"

Nini sighed, "i had a long day. my boss has been up my ass about everything. i just can't wait until i'm no longer an assistant and i finally get to do real work."

she had taken a job originally as an intern for a record label in LA, working her way up to the assistant to the head producer. unfortunately, she's been stuck as that horrible mans assistant for three years, she just wanted to be promoted to producer.

Ricky smiled sadly, his hand running through her hair softly, "how about i draw you a bath and i make dinner for us, that way you can relax. how does that sound, huh?"

Nini gave him a small smile, "that sounds amazing."

Ricky pulled his longtime girlfriend into their bedroom, leading her through the room to their bathroom. Nini leaned against the counter while he filled the bathtub, pulling out her essential oils to pour in once the tub filled.

Nini was so grateful to have Ricky on days like these. even after spending a full day at work he was still willing to do things for her. that's why she loved him so much.

Ricky got up from his spot on the floor when the tub had been filled and the oils had been mixed in. he cupped Nini's cheek in his hand, "need anything else?"

Nini smiled slightly, "a kiss?"

Ricky chuckled, leaning down to press his lips against hers for a minute. he pulled away, moving to leave the room. he dimmed the lights as Nini started undressing.

"i'll just be in the kitchen. call for me if you need anything. just relax baby." he said before he swiftly turned the corner, going back to the kitchen.

Nini sighed contently as she sunk herself into the warm water. she closed her eyes as she laid in the tub. she was definitely treated by Ricky, that's for sure.

meanwhile, Ricky was busy making dinner in the kitchen. since he wasn't much of a cook it was just a simple dinner of salad and some chicken he had pulled from the freezer earlier in the day. he filled a glass with red wine for Nini as he set the table, his girlfriend appearing in the kitchen dressed in shorts and one of his old tee shirts, her hair piled in a bun on top of her head.

"hey, i just finished dinner so sit and eat."

"thank you." Nini mumbled as she sat at the kitchen counter to eat.

she was definitely more relaxed then when she came home, she was just more sad than anything now. she hated her job, which sucked because she wanted to be a producer more than anything, that's the whole reason why she an Ricky moved to LA in the first place. she just felt like she wasn't going anywhere.

she nodded and spoke quietly as Ricky told her about his day. he was the band teacher at one of the high schools in the area. he was telling her about his new idea for the concert band but she couldn't really focus on what he was saying.

they finished up dinner and Ricky cleaned up while she started to get ready for bed, just deciding to sleep away her problems. she was curled into the fluffy comforter, pressed up against the pillows scrolling through her phone when Ricky finally came to bed.