hiding in plain sight (j•o)

it wasn't meant to happen. they weren't supposed to fall for each other. they were co stars, they also happened to be seeing other people. she had a boyfriend and he was still speaking to his ex girlfriend back in Oceanside.

it just happened.

they had this undeniable chemistry that they couldn't hold back on. it started with the flirty banter and then the late night phone calls, until they started staying in each other's apartments for the night.

then the kiss happened.

they had been having a movie night after a long day of shooting. they were in Josh's apartment deep into a netflix movie binge watch when the mood shifted in the room. they were laughing and throwing popcorn at each other when she threw herself on top of him in an attempt to make him laugh but when he landed on his back on the couch, the moment their eyes locked, they both knew what was about to happen.

it was slow and lingering. Olivia made the first move, her hand coming to cup his neck as she slowly leaned in, Josh finally closing the space between them. he held on to her hip tightly as she opened her mouth to deepen the kiss. the two continued like that until they pulled away when Olivia's phone rang. Ethan was calling.

Ethan.

Olivia freaked out, realizing what she had just done. she started speaking frantically about how this should've never happened as she collected her stuff and ran out of the apartment. they didn't talk for four days after that unless it was while they were working in a scene together. Olivia showed up at his door at 2am one night, tears streaming down her face as she confessed her feelings.

"i want you. i want you so bad. i know it's wrong, i have a boyfriend and you and Laney are talking about getting back together but i can't lie to myself anymore. i've been thinking about that kiss every moment of every day since it's happened. every time i see you i think about that kiss and it's driving me crazy. you drive me crazy josh."

he just pulled her in by her waist, his lips connecting with hers. the two stumbled their way into the apartment, mouths never separating. Josh held her firmly at the neck as Liv's hands were pulling at his tee shirt. they separated as his shirt flew off, his hands returning to her neck, Liv's hands clawing at his back with her nails. his hands left her neck to snap the buttons of her flannel off, his hands moving to her thighs to hoist her up around his waist. her legs cinched around him as she threaded her fingers through his curly hair. he walked them to his bedroom, dropping her onto his bed with a 'thud' before climbing over her.

"this is a bad idea" he said, eyes roaming her.

"i know." she responded, hands cupping his neck, attempting to pull him in for another kiss. he stopped it.

"Liv, what about Ethan?" he didn't want to be the other man. he knew what that felt like.

Olivia sighed, "Ethan's been cheating on me for months. i have proof. we're only together still because my manager says it'll be bad for my image if i break up with him. he and i haven't been on good terms in a while."

that changes things. while she was technically still dating someone else, they were over. plus, he and Laney were never going to get back together. he was just keeping himself occupied while he couldn't have Olivia, or thought he couldn't have her. he smirked before returning to her mouth, her hands coming to the waistband of his sweatpants.

~~

"wow."

he glanced over at the breathless teen tangled up in his sheets. seeing her all disheveled in his bed was something he never thought he'd get to see.