adventures in trying

there was an important conversation that needed to be had between Ricky and Nini. the couple had been married for three years and had recently began talking about trying for their first baby. things were perfect right now, they were both freshly 28, both had amazing stable jobs, they had bought their first house together almost a year ago, the only thing missing was a little one.

Nini had been trying to figure out how to tell Ricky that she wanted to stop her birth control and try for a baby for weeks. every time she got up the courage, she'd chicken out. that's why when she saw him sitting at the kitchen table going through the mail, she knew that if she didn't say anything, they wouldn't be having a baby any time soon.

she sat down in the chair next to him, "we need to talk."

Ricky dropped the stack of mail he was holding and turned to his wife, "shit, what did i do?"

Nini cracked a smile, "nothing honey, you're fine. i just wanted to talk to you about something and get your opinion on it."

he grabbed her hands quickly and squeezed them, "what's up babe?"

Nini took a deep breath before speaking, "i've been thinking about going off of my birth control so that we can have a baby. what are your thoughts?"

Ricky was quiet for a moment, Nini could almost see his thought process in his mind. he grinned and squeezed her hands again, "if you think it's the right time to start trying then let's do it."

a wide smile developed on Nini's face, "really?! you wanna have a baby?"

Ricky smiled and nodded at his wife's excitement, "yes, i wanna have a baby. let's do it Neens, it feels right."

Nini squealed before gripping her husbands face between her hands and kissing him long and hard. the second the released, Nini was getting up from her chair, "i'm so excited!"

that night when they were getting ready for bed, Nini stood at her side of the double sinks in their bathroom, pulling her hair into a high ponytail. she eyed the circular pill pack on the counter and smiled slightly. she picked it up and tossed it in the trash can next to the sink, "won't be needing that anymore."

she grinned when she got into bed to find Ricky waiting for her, "i was thinking we could start trying tonight?" he asked as a smirk sat smugly on his face.

she rolled her eyes playfully and crawled into the bed, the sheets rustling around her as she crawled on top of her husband. Ricky groaned when she sat directly on his pelvis, his hands coming to her hips.

she kissed him passionately as she held his face in her hands. his fingers moved swiftly, toying with her silk sleep shorts as he tried to find her center. Nini pulled away, breathing heavily against him.

"i so want to, but i have an early morning. plus, i need to wait a few days so that the birth control gets out of my system. then we can start trying."

Ricky gasped as she pulled herself off of him, curling into herself on her side of the bed. he huffed as he tried to situate himself in his boxers, "you're mean."

Nini chuckled, "i love you too."

the next few days passed so slowly for Ricky as they waited for Nini to be ready to start trying to conceive. the whole thing was exciting, they were finally gonna have the family they always dreamed of.

when she walked through the door, Ricky was sitting on the couch, his head turning the minute he saw her, "hey honey, how was your day?"

Nini didn't answer. instead, she climbed on top of his hips, grabbing his face between her hands and kissing him hard. Ricky quickly caught on and opened his mouth, his wife sticking her tongue past his teeth. she ground against him lightly, Ricky already feeling restricted against his dress slacks. Nini's pencil skirt wasn't keeping much to the imagination.