lovers on the side (j•o)

nobody know what happens when the day is over and everybody leaves set. nobody knows what happens when they all return to their apartments but one is always empty. nobody knows.

nobody knows that they're best friends and lovers on the side. it started out innocent, just a few kisses here and there. then that turned into more. Julia had been hosting a night in at her apartment, using her fake id to buy alcohol for those who wanted it. they never got crazy drunk, usually it was just Frankie, Larry, Dara, Julia, and Josh that drank but this night was different.

they had all been sitting around the living room. everybody was tuned into the tv, StarStruck playing. Olivia was cuddled into Josh's side. she was scrolling through her phone while Josh occasionally sipped his beer. he didn't drink too much but sometimes he just needed something to wind down from the day.

Olivia glanced up at Josh and spoke, feeling a little bold. "can i try?" she said quietly.

Josh glanced at the 17 year old under his arm. he wasn't too sure about this one but he had trouble saying no to her. "you sure Liv? you don't drink. i mean, it's only beer so you won't get drunk off of it but i still don't think you'll like it."

Olivia pouted at the boy, batting her eyelashes at him. he was a sucker for her puppy dog eyes. "okay fine, but just a little. i don't think you'll like it."

he passed the bottle to the teen. she brought it up to her nose to sniff it before taking a swig. she just about gagged from the taste as Josh stifled a laugh.

"i told you that you wouldn't like it."

he glanced at the group before grabbing her hand and pulling her to the kitchen, nobody really noticing they were gone. Josh grabbed two shot glasses and the bottle of cherry vodka, pouring a little bit into the glasses before sliding one to the girl.

"this, i think you'll like." he held his glass up before tipping it back into his mouth.

the alcohol didn't seem to phase him, Liv figured it must not be so bad. she drank hers quickly, the liquid slightly burning her throat but the aftertaste was pleasant. she slid the glass back toward Josh, silently asking for more. the two took four shots total together, both a little more than tipsy when they happened to stumble back to his apartment.

they were too tipsy to understand the consequences of what they were saying. once they were in his apartment, Josh took off toward his room, walking quite normally while Olivia bumped into several objects before making it to his room behind him. she sat on his bed while he stood in his bathroom. she watched as he slipped his shirt off over his head.

"god you're so hot."

"what was that?" he asked, standing in the doorway.

Olivia was feeling brave. it was definitely from the liquid courage. "i said you're hot." she stated matter of factly.

Josh blushed a little. he knew that the alcohol was making her confident. he walked past the teen girl into his room, "Liv i think you're drunk."

"i feel great. and you're hot. and i want to kiss you so bad right now."

suddenly she was right behind him. he turned around to face her and she leaned up and kissed him. she tasted like bitter cherries from the vodka and like chapstick. his mind worked on its own as he pulled her closer to him by the waist. Liv wrapped her arms around his shoulders as she kissed him feverishly.

she pulled away from his lips with a 'pop' sound. "i've wanted to do that for so long."

Josh sighed before guiding to girl to get into his bed, "you're so drunk you're not going to remember this in the morning."