family matters

Nini bites her lip as she packs her bag, "are you sure you want me to come home with you?"

"come on Neens, it's Thanksgiving. we've been together just over a year, it's about time you meet my family." Ricky chuckles as he wraps his arms around her, pulling her back against his chest.

she sighs contently, "you're right. it'll be okay."

the girl continues to quietly pack her suitcase that she'd brought over to Ricky's apartment, packing her clothes there since most of her belongings were at his place.

he sighs, moving from his spot by the closet to wrap his arms around her, pulling her back into his chest. he rests his chin on her shoulder and squeezes her a bit, "if you're uncomfortable you don't have to come."

Nini turns around in his arms, wrapping her own arms around his torso, "i wouldn't miss it for the world. it's important to you that i meet your family and i wanna make you happy."

Ricky smiles slightly, leaning down to kiss her softly, "i love you."

"love you too, now let me finish packing."

***

the snow is falling in Salt Lake, as expected in late November. the couple landed late on the 24th, so they're headed straight to their hotel for the night.

Ricky's got both hands on the wheel since the thick snow falling is making the roads a bit slick. Nini's left hand is resting on his thigh like normal, her sweet voice singing along to the christmas music on the radio.

finally they pull up to their hotel, getting out of their rental car and running into the lobby, their suitcases dragging behind them in the slush.

Nini looks around at the paintings hanging on the wall as her boyfriend checks in, "i have a reservation under Bowen." he says as he fishes in his coat pocket for his wallet.

the small blonde at the desk pulls up his reservation and smiles, "ah yes, right here, Richard Bowen. are you traveling alone for the holidays?"

he chuckles as he senses his petite girlfriend coming up behind him, "ah no. introducing my girlfriend to my family tomorrow."

Nini smiles as she wraps her arm around her boyfriends. the girl behind the desk lets her smile drop a little as she fumbled for the room key after handing back the credit card, "o-okay, here's your room key. have a good evening."

"oh we will." Nini says as she takes the key card from the girl, dragging the curly haired boy to the elevators.

once they're headed to their room, the couple bursts out laughing, "wow, you really scared her off babe," Ricky says, wiping the tears building in his eyes.

the brunette huffs a little as she chuckles, "she was flirting with you, i had to assert my dominance."

they step into the hallway when the elevator doors open, finding their room and making their way inside. Ricky flips on the lights as Nini takes off her coat and scarf and hat, setting them on the arm chair and toeing off her boots. he sets their suitcases against the wall as she grabs her toiletries and heads to the bathroom.

Ricky takes his winter garments off and takes a look around the room before going to lean against the doorway to the bathroom while his girlfriend takes her makeup off, "so..."

she chuckles when she looks at him, "what?"

"you made it sound like you had plans for tonight when we were talking to the girl downstairs...just wanted to know if that was true." he says cheekily, waiting for her reaction.