that night (1)

before we get started i want to warn everybody that this chapter and the next two are focused around the heavy topic of sexual assault of a minor. if this topic is too heavy for you then please, do not read this. i do use the "R" word a few times in this chapter and the next two. your mental health is more important than my stupid chapters. if you need help, the National Sexual Assault Hotline number is 800-656-HOPE or you can go online to RAINN.org and check out their online help services. you are loved and i support you🤍

***

Nini looked in the mirror as she applied her mascara. her hair was curled softly, falling over her back, her makeup was neutral but pretty, her jeans fit tightly, her red crop top falling to her high waisted pants, her converse laced up tightly.

the honk of a horn caught her attention, the girl looking down at her phone to see a text from her best friend Kourtney, signaling that it was time to go. she grabbed her small purse, pushing her phone into her back pocket as she rushed down the stairs, grabbing one of Ricky's hoodies from the edge of her bed before she left.

Dana walked into the hallway as Nini was getting ready to walk out the door, "where are you off to tonight?"

Nini turned to her mother, "um, Kourtney and i are going to the party that EJ invited us to at his friends house. don't worry, i don't plan on drinking, i won't get into anybody's car, i'll call you if i need you to come and get me."

Dana smiled and pulled Nini in for a hug, "alright, have fun."

Nini smiled brightly before she bounded out the front door, running to her best friends car. the two girls squealed as they shared a quick hug, Kourtney turning down the car radio a little bit so they could talk.

"girl, you look amazing!" Kourtney said as she began to drive.

Nini rolled her eyes playfully, "yeah sure, i don't look as good as you though."

the other girl laughed a little, "well i'm sure Ricky is gonna freak out when he sees you tonight."

"Ricky's not coming tonight. Mike is making him stay home cause Jenn is going over for dinner so he told me just to go and text him when i get home tonight." Nini said as she sent a text on her phone.

"ahh, so you're flying solo tonight?" Kourtney jokes.

Nini chuckles, "yeah i guess you could say that."

the party was already in full swing when the two girls got there. Nini felt a little out of place as they walked into the house, music booming, the lights turned down, teens all over the place, many had drinks in their hands or were dancing provocatively in the living room.

Kourtney told Nini she was going to get a drink and find Gina when EJ approached her, "Nini! you made it!"

she could tell that the boy was already drunk. he had a goofy smile on his face as he slung his arm over her shoulder. Nini chuckled as she held the boy up, "take it easy there buddy."

he hiccups as his drink sloshes over his cup, "where's your boy toy tonight?"

Nini rolls her eyes, "Ricky? he's at home. i just came to have some fun."

"alright! i'll come find you in a bit. gotta watch out for you since my boy Rick isn't here."

she watched as he walked away, more like stumbled away, to the kitchen. most likely going to get more to drink. Nini chuckled as she moved to go further into the house. she waved to several familiar faces as she walked through the house, saying hello to a few of her theatre friends from the ensemble.