date night

ta: smut

Nini fluffed her curled hair in her bathroom mirror, carefully applying her red lipstick. Ricky would be arriving any moment to pick her up. it was Friday night which meant that it was date night for the young couple.

while they had graduated college only six short months ago, they planned to move in together right after graduating but that plan was ruined when Ricky got offered a teaching job in Salt Lake while the only job opening Nini could find for music therapy was in Provo. while it wasn't that far away, 45 minutes was not a justifiable driving distance for one of them each day. so, while it was hard, they made the decision to push off moving in together until they could both find jobs in either one of their cities. Nini was desperately trying to get a job in West Jordan so she could move to Salt Lake with Ricky while he was already searching for teaching positions in Provo for next school year, both desperate to finally live together after all this time.

she shuffled quickly to the door when she heard a knock, quickly grabbing her clutch off of her bed, containing her most important items like her phone and her pill in case she decided to go back to SLC with Ricky for the night.

she pulled the door open, smiling when she saw him, "hi handsome."

Ricky grins as he looks at her up and down, "hey beautiful, ready to go?"

Nini nods and closes her apartment door behind her, locking it before grabbing onto his arm as they make their way down to his car. they drove to Highland, halfway between both their cities, to have dinner together.

their favorite place was this family owned Italian restaurant there. they had almost all their Friday date nights there.

they sat in the same booth that they always did, in a low lit corner of the restaurant. they held hands across the table and shared glances throughout the dinner. Ricky paid of course, much to Nini's dismay. they always argued about who got to pay for dinner, Ricky usually winning that fight.

after their dinner, they get back in the car, holding hands. Ricky turns up the heat a little since it's slightly chilly, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles. he shifts in his seat to face her, "so...did you wanna come back to my place? or we can go to yours? or if you just want me to take you home, i can do that too."

Nini chuckles and places her other hand on top of his, "let's just go back to your place."

he nods and chuckles slightly before moving to start the car. they drive the twenty minute route to Salt Lake, singing along to the radio as they rotate their hands on each other. Ricky's palm rests on her thigh before they switch and Nini's fingers rub the back of his neck and lightly play with his curls.

it's not long before they pull up to Ricky's apartment building, getting out of the car and walking hand in hand into the building. they trade jokes as they ride the elevator to the third floor, Ricky pulling Nini down the hallway to his door.

Ricky's apartment was much cozier than Nini's, that's why she loved it so much. it was small but still bigger than her place in Provo. most of her belongings were at his place, since she preferred to stay there most of the time.

they walked in as Ricky flicked on the light switch. Nini toed off her heels, leaving them by the door as Ricky ran a hand through his hair, fluffing his curls a little. he disappeared into his bedroom as Nini went into the bathroom, pulling a hair tie out of the little dish that sat on his counter, wrapping her hair in a messy bun. she wiped off her makeup in the mirror as she could hear her boyfriend singing lightly in the other room.

walking into the bedroom, Nini pulled out a maroon sleep set from his dresser, a drawer completely full with some of her clothes. she emerges from the bedroom changed in her pajamas to find Ricky on the couch watching tv. she sits down next to him on her knees, her legs curled under her as she leans into his side.