company

a/n: ahhhhh!!! how are we feeling?! good 4 u is officially my favorite song off of sour and to celebrate i figured i'd post this one shot that i've been trying to finish for ages. i'm not super happy with it but here it is!!

***

Nini stood in the kitchen, carefully trying to make dinner for her husband before he got home from work. cooking was a new task that she was trying to tackle, Ricky was more of the cook in the relationship but she wanted to get better at it.

as she's stirring the pot of mashed potatoes, a pair of arms wrap around her waist. she grins and bites her lip as she relaxes into his arms.

his breath is hot against her ear, "i missed you today." Ricky says as his hands roam her stomach and hips.

Nini chuckles, "i missed you too."

after getting married, Ricky got a job teaching in LA so the couple packed up and moved out there in time for Ricky to start in the fall. Nini taught private music lessons out of their home so she was home all day while he was at work.

Ricky turned his wife around in his arms, his hand caressing her cheek as he held her against him, "how about we skip dinner and head upstairs? hmm?"

he didn't miss the way his wife blushed, "i guess we could just reheat the food. besides, it's been a couple days since we last did it and i've been feeling deprived."

Ricky held his wife's face firmly in his hands as he leaned forward and captured her lips with his. it was hungry and slow, their mouths devouring each other. they were interrupted by a knock at the door, Nini pulling away with a whine.

"whoever it is will go away." Ricky says as he tries to kiss her again.

Nini pulled back, "Ricky, that's not nice. just go see who it is, i'll turn the stove off and head upstairs to slip into something more comfortable." she smirks a little as she sees his eyes get darker.

reluctantly, Ricky pulls away from Nini to head to the door, "you better be on that bed when i get up there or so help me god." he points at her as he walks backwards out of the kitchen.

he prepares to tell whoever it is to go away when he opens the door, but he is not anticipating who it could be. he pulls the door open, looking down until he meets the persons face.

"mom?"

Lynne steps into the house, pulling Ricky into a huge hug. he's taken aback, not immediately embracing his mother.

Lynne pulls away first and drags her suitcase in the door, "oh it's so good to see you son! i haven't seen you since the wedding a couple months ago, you sure are looking well."

Ricky tries but fails to mask the confusion on his face, "mom, what're you doing here?"

"oh i have a business trip downtown this week, i figured instead of getting a hotel room and wasting money that i'd come spend it with my boy and his lovely wife. where is Nini?"

Ricky scratches his head, "uh, she should still be in the kitchen maybe."

Lynne nods and leaves her bag by the door as she brushes past her son into the house. Ricky is dumbfounded, why wouldn't she tell him she was coming?

he follows behind his mother into the kitchen where Nini was still trying to finish up all of the cooking, ultimately to head upstairs.

"babe, did you tell whoever it was to-Lynne!" the young woman cuts herself off as she turns to see her mother-in-law standing in her kitchen.

her eyebrows are raised in surprise, "what a lovely surprise, what are you doing in LA?"

Ricky and Nini have a conversation with their eyes as Lynne hugs the younger girl, the couple trying to make sense of what's going on.