gender reveal

today was the big day; the gender reveal party for Ricky and Nini's first child together.

the couple was over the moon. they'd been married for two years when Nini found out she was pregnant. they weren't necessarily trying to have a baby, but they weren't exactly being safe either. they knew they wanted kids so if it was going to happen then they'd be happy about it.

Nini moved frantically through the small two story house, trying to make everything look nice for their guests. after getting married, the couple bought their first house together in Park City, settling down there since that's where their first apartment together was too. the house was in a quaint neighborhood, on a quiet cul-de-sac with lots of young families and kids in the area. the house was small but large enough for the two of them, their new baby, and their golden retriever puppy Rex. the backyard was fenced in, a ton of room to run around and play in the yard. it was the perfect first house for the couple.

Ricky turned the corner into the living room to see Nini fluffing the pillows and folding blankets, "hi baby!" she said brightly as she looked back at him.

he smiled and came up behind her, his arms moving around her waist to press his hands to her slight baby bump. at just 20 weeks, Nini's bump was smaller than to be expected. most people wouldn't even notice she was pregnant if you glanced at her. the doctor assured the couple that their baby was very healthy and they had no reason to worry about the size of their child.

Nini hummed blissfully as Ricky's hands rubbed over her tee shirt, feeling a small kick in response to the motion, "well, somebody is awake now."

Ricky grinned into his wife's neck, "we made that."

Nini tilted her head back to capture his lips quickly, "hell yeah we did. best vacation ever."

the couple had spent a few days tracking the conception date of their baby after they found out she was already 6 weeks pregnant at their first appointment. they discovered their baby had been a little souvenir from their anniversary trip to Hawaii a little over a month before they found out.

they worked together to clean up around the house, making sure everything was in its place. Rex laid fast asleep on the couch as they cleaned. Nini was singing along to her musical theatre playlist, loving that Ricky was singing with her.

their party was set to start at 2pm that day, so around 11:30 Big Red and Ashlyn showed up to help finish setting up. the red headed couple were the only two people to know the gender of Baby Bowen, as they were in charge of getting the confetti poppers to announce the gender.

"hey, hey!" Red called out as they walked in the front door.

Rex made his way to the couple, wagging his tail as Ashlyn spoke to him in a baby voice. Red and Ricky hugged quickly before making their way out back to set up all the decorations, Ashlyn heading to the kitchen to help Nini set up.

"hi Neens, hello Baby Bowen!" the girl said to her friends belly.

Nini laughed and hugged her best friend, "thanks for coming Ash, we need all the help we can get."

Ashlyn waved her off, "no problem! besides, i love any good reason to party. i was born to rage."

Nini chuckled and shook her head, "yeah i know, i've attended my fair share of Ashlyn ragers in my day."

the women put out all the decorations and began putting out all the food, Nini biting her lip at all the delicious items in front of her. she rubbed her belly with one hand while looking at everything, her pregnancy cravings were out of this world and she was definitely hungry. just as she was deciding if she was going to sneak a cups cake, Ricky and Big Red came in through the sliding glass door.