party

it was a warm September Friday in Salt Lake City and that could only mean one thing, a party.

while EJ Caswell has graduated from East High, he was still the resident party king and since he went to college in Utah, he stayed at home meaning that he was free to throw parties whenever.

Nini was never much of a partier until she got to high school. it started out innocently at first, just going to hang out with her friends in the backyard of whatever house she was at, then when she started hanging out with the theatre kids, she realized how fun it was to party. everybody assumes that theatre kids are all innocent and helpless but that couldn't be further from the truth, all the drama kids lived for parties.

and especially now that Nini and Ricky we're back together, they always tried to hit all the neighborhood parties. she wasn't stupid, she didn't really get blackout drunk and somebody was always the designated driver, usually Seb, so she never got behind the wheel while drunk or under the influence.

Nini stood in front of her mirror checking out her outfit for the night. her black jeans were snug in all the right places, her velvet bralette top hugging her perfectly, and a light flannel thrown on over the outfit, her checkered vans on her feet. she fluffed her hair before hearing a honk from outside, running to the window to see that her best friends were outside.

after saying goodbye to her moms and promising to be good, she ran out the door to get in the passenger seat of the car. she squealed as all the girls started talking over each other.

"Neens! you look hot!" Gina said from the back.

"totally! Ricky's gonna die!" Ashlyn chimed in as well.

Kourtney gave an affirming nod, "boys gonna drop his pants the moment he sees you." she says as she begins driving.

Nini feels her cheeks heat up, "girls! stop!"

the party is in full swing by the time they get there. people are out on the lawn and on the porch, all with red solo cups in their hands. the girls get out of the car and make their way into the house. the lights are dimmed and music is booming throughout the house, kids everywhere. Gina spots her boyfriend EJ and makes a run for him, Ashlyn and Kourtney heading to the kitchen, leaving Nini looking around for her boyfriend and their friends. she spots him in the corner of the large hallway, talking animately with Red and Carlos while sipping from a red solo cup.

Nini makes her way towards him, wrapping her arms around his side and planting a kiss to the crook of his neck when she reaches him, "mhm hi babe, whatcha got there?" she asks, nodding to the cup.

Ricky wraps an arm around her lower back, pressing a kiss to her hair as he hands her the cup, "vodka and fruit punch, you'll like it."

Nini takes a sip of the drink, the alcohol stinging her throat at first but she continues to sip on it. she stands and chats with the boys before handing Ricky his cup and going to the kitchen to get her own.

Natalie and Seb are chatting by the sink when she gets there, "hey you two! having fun?"

Natalie laughs sarcastically, "oh yeah, being the designated driver is so fun."

Nini smiled sympathetically, "well at least you'll get to laugh your ass off when i get wasted tonight."

"careful Neens, don't do anything you'll regret!" Seb says as she pours her mixtures of alcohol into her cup.

she blows a kiss to the blonde boy before heading back to find her boyfriend. she's halfway through her cup when she starts feeling a little buzzed. she's swaying slightly to the music, her hand circling her boyfriends back as he talks.