you're mine (j•o)

Olivia sighed when she woke up, the other side of the bed empty. she reached for her phone, seeing a text message from her boyfriend;

had to head to the studio to record something. have a great day, i'll see you when you get home. i love you so much! ~J

she smiled, opening her messages and sending him a few heart emojis in response. she rolled out of bed, pulling her hair up into a bun as she started her morning routine. she slipped on a pair of leggings and one of Josh's hoodies before putting on her sneakers and grabbing her purse. the drive to work was short as there was no traffic for some reason, strange for a Tuesday morning in LA.

after departing from HSMTMTS after season four, she and Josh decided to give it a real try since they were both in their early 20s. they'd been together for four years, living in an apartment in Culver City together for almost the whole time they'd been together.

it was an easy transition for them to go from best friends to romantic partners. they'd been in love with each other for so long that it just naturally happened. they'd never been happier.

Josh was working on his second studio album while Liv was currently filming a movie for Netflix. she loved acting, that was something she was sure of but it wasn't the same not working with Josh. she also didn't really love her cast mates, they made fun of her for her Disney career.

sure, Disney had given her some embarrassing moments over the years; especially the Bizaardvark years. she didn't regret anything about her career, if it wasn't for Disney she wouldn't have met her best friend Madison and the love of her life. it still got to her sometimes though.

she sighed as she walked between sets. they'd been filming all day. it was a teen movie based on a book. Liv was playing the best friend to the main character. she yawned, bringing her coffee cup to her lips, silently praying for the end of the day so she could go home and be with Josh.

she paused her walk when she heard her co stars talking in the trailer, the door wide open, "i can't believe he's still dating her! i mean when they were on that high school musical show it was cute but like, how is he still into her?!"

Liv frowned, they were talking about her and Josh.

"i know right! like he's so hot and she's so not. he could do so much better."

Olivia couldn't listen to them anymore. she quickly wiped the tears that had fallen and marched back to her trailer.

she slammed the door closed behind her when she finally made it home that night. Josh was standing in the kitchen, mixing what looked like mashed potatoes as she dropped her bags on the couch, trying to hide her tears.

"hey babe, how was your day?" he asked excitedly, his face falling when she didn't answer and wouldn't look at him.

he came up behind her as she leaned against the couch, little sobs escaping her mouth. he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her against him as she sobbed.

"Liv," he put his finger under her chin to get her to look at him, "Olivia, look at me. what's wrong?"

he wiped her tears with his thumbs as she calmed herself, "i hate my job. i hate my co stars. i just want this movie to be done."

Josh frowned, "i thought you were having fun? what changed?"

Olivia's head dropped again, "they don't think that you and i should be together. i overheard them talking earlier and they were saying how you could do so much better than me, they're right."

he pulled her face up to look at him again, "Olivia Isabelle, i don't want anybody but you. i don't care what some stuck up movie star bitches have to say about our relationship cause we love each other and that's all that matters so fuck them."