save you

Ricky sighs deeply as he rolls over in bed, the sunlight streaming through his window. he sits up, his hands rubbing at his face harshly. he hated this day. it was the worst day for him.

getting up, he spots the framed picture on top of his dresser. it was taken the day they got engaged. she had a bright smile as she looked at the diamond ring on her hand. that was the happiest day of their lives. he sighs, glancing at the ring next to the frame, a little dirty from all these years.

he picks it up, sighing, "i should get you cleaned." he mumbles, searching for the box and tucking it back inside, closing it and setting it on the dresser for later.

the pictures of her smile at him as he walks through the halls of their apartment. today was his least favorite day of the year. he could barely get dressed this morning. he wipes the few tears in his eyes as he sits down at his desk, opening up his laptop and pulling open his blog, pressing record.

Ricky sighs heavily and looks at the camera, "hi everyone. if you don't know me, my name is Ricky Bowen and my girlfriend Nina went missing four years ago. today is the anniversary of her disappearance. i have devoted every day of my life looking for her. the police have determined that she is most likely dead but i have faith. for those who are just joining us here, i run this blog. "Bring Nina Home" was created by me with the help of her moms Carol and Dana. i got a call on this very afternoon four years ago that Nina had gone missing. the police had found her car abandoned in the parking garage next to her work with her purse inside, containing her phone, wallet, license, and all her credit cards. they also found her diamond engagement ring shoved in the side of the seat. i believe that this was a message for me. i know for a fact that she would've never taken her ring off, we'd just got engaged barely a month prior to her disappearance."

tears filled his eyes as he spoke about the love of his life, "Nina went missing from Harper Real Estate on September 12th four years ago. shes approximately five foot, five inches with long brown hair and brown eyes. she has a burn scar on her chest that is very noticeable. um, she has a birthmark on her lower back that looks like stars. she's filipino, she's fluent in english, tagalog, and french. she goes by Nina or Nini. if anybody knows anything, whether you know where she is or not, please call the Salt Lake City Police Department or submit a tip to my private link. please, i'm begging you. if you even think you've seen her or know where she is, let us know, please. i know in my heart that she's still out there, i won't stop until i find her."

he stops the recording and immediately breaks down. he watches through blurred vision as the video automatically uploads to his website, a few views starting to come in.

Ricky was a disaster since that day four years ago. he remembers that phone call so clearly.

"hello?" he hums into the phone as he searches around his desk for his flash drive.

"is this Mr Richard Bowen?"

he frowns at the voice coming from the other side of the phone, "this is Richard. who is this?"

"my name is detective Meyers from the Salt Lake City Police Department. do you know a Nina Salazar-Roberts?"

Ricky felt his heart drop to his stomach at the mention of his future wife's name, "u-uh yes. Nina's my fiancé. what's going on?"

"i'm sorry sir but it seems that your fiancé is missing. i think it's best that you come down to the station to answer a few questions and get the details."

he isn't even sure what he responded with, as soon as that detective told him that Nini was missing, his world stopped. he hung up the phone with a flurry of tears and literally ran out of his office, his coworkers trying to stop him to ask what was wrong. he cursed and cried as he drove to the station, praying to god that it wasn't real-that Nini wasn't missing.