i know we weren't perfect (j•o)

a/n: before we start i just want to say that this is fictional!! i am in no way implying that drivers license is about joshua or sabrina, this is purely for the sake of this story!! i respect their privacy and know that i have no right to know what happened between them!! with that said, i still ship jolivia and will continue to write about them. if you do not want to read then i don't hold that against you, feel free to skip these chapters as always!! please enjoy!!

***********************************************

Olivia grips the steering wheel as she drives down the highway, reaching over to press the call button on the screen in her car.

the ringing fills the car once again as she sighs, hanging up. she grips the wheel a little more, the bands of her rings digging into her fingers as she bites down on her lip.

deep down, she knows why he isn't answering. it's the same reason he's been so short with her lately, ending their facetime calls abruptly, seeming distracted every time they're together. it had been coming for a long time, she just didn't want to believe that it was what she was thinking it was.

the sun is setting, making the California sky a pretty mix of pinks and oranges. they used to always drive around and sing in the car, holding hands and pressing quick kisses in the backseat under the moonlight. now, her heart pounds in her chest as she pulls up to his gated community in Santa Monica. she punches in the code and takes a deep breath as the gate slides open, carefully pushing on the gas to enter the neighborhood.

she was still somewhat new to driving. it was always their thing to do together. lately though, they haven't driven together. she got her license last week and so far, this was the furthest she's driven but, she had to see him.

weaving down the streets, she pulls up in front of his house, looking out the window at the dark grey exterior and pristine lawn. the amount of time she's spent at this house is insurmountable, she's spent so much time writing here and just hanging around, watching him work.

Liv breathes deeply as she turns her car off and unbuckles her seatbelt. she leans back against the seat, closing her eyes as she gives herself a little pep talk. just as she builds the courage, her hand moving to open the door, she sees the front door to his house open.

she holds her breath as she watches him hold the door open, the blonde girl exiting the house, her hand draping across his shoulder as she passes him. suddenly, Olivia can't breathe, tears filling her eyes as she watches him guide her to his car, holding the door open for her.

he always does that for me.

a few tears slip down her cheeks as she watches them pull out of his driveway, her eyes trailing the familiar beat up Honda as it drives off. a strangled sob escapes her lips as she slams her hands repeatedly against the steering wheel.

"fuck, fuck, fuck!" she shouts, tears streaming down her face.

she reaches for her phone, pulling up his contact and calling him once more. it rings several times before his voicemail picks up.

"You've reached Josh, leave me a message!"

she lets out a shaky breath, "i don't know why you won't pick up the phone, actually i know why you're not; cause you're with her. i saw you. i wish you would've just told me, if you don't want to be with me anymore then that's fine Josh, just be honest with me. can you call me back? please? we need to talk."

she doesn't actually know how long she sits there after she hangs up the phone. her tears have long since dried and she just stares ahead through the windshield. she knows deep in her heart that it's over between them, but she doesn't want it to be. she still loves him.